A blog, written with humor and heart, that shares nature photography and daily life observations. Grab a cup of coffee, put your feet up and take a few quiet moments to enjoy the wondrous images that Mother Nature gifts us with every single day! (And every once in a while, to enjoy no images and to just giggle).
LIKE MY BLOG? Click below on "FOLLOW" and add yourself to the list of my followers!
Saturday, June 6, 2009
Hey, Man...My Mouth Hurts Like Hell after Playing Video Games...???!!
* Physician Geoffrey Hart, working with a grant from the National
Institutes of Health, recently developed the Pedi-Sedate headgear
to trick waiting-room kids into inhaling nitrous oxide while playing
video games, thus knocking themselves out and, according to
Hart's company, "dramatically improv[ing] the hospital or dental
experience for the child, parents, and healthcare providers." The
helmet contains sophisticated sensors to monitor the dosages and
effects on the child. [CNET News, 4-21-09]
1. Is this legal???? (drugging kids without their knowledge?)
2. Can I get them to do it to me without telling me? (Because holy shit, I hate going to the dentist!)
3. The article says it "dramatically improves the dental experience" for the child and parents. Well, DUH. Those getting stoned would definitely say it was an "improved experience"....and they'd maybe also say that they also got a gynormous case of the munchies after, too. Hmmmm...this may cause more cavities for the dentist to fix.....I see a pattern emerging here....
4. The helmet contains "sophisticated sensors to monitor the dosages and effects on the child"????? (Really?! I can't believe this would exist. They didn't have anything even CLOSE to l that even in the O.R. at the hospital when I worked there....so don't kid me....these dentists are just "winging it"....let's see...that little kid was obnoxious in the waiting room....so let's give him a little "extra" and give his parents a break for the next week or two.".) Yep, I can see it now.
5. Can you imagine waking up after playing video games and having two teeth missing and your mouth feel like it had been ravaged? WTH????
All I know is that there is going to be some "trust issues" with these kids when they get older...can anyone say THERAPY???
6. If you good looking women out there get out of the dentist office and happen to notice that your underwear is on inside out...you just MAY want to call the dentist office to see if they are trying any new experimental treatments.....just sayin'............
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.
- The Retired One
- I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!
- ► 2012 (91)
- ► 2011 (187)
- ► 2010 (230)
- Presque Isle: Thank goodness for our Forefather's ...
- Useless Facts and Trivia: Volume 9
- Finding the Art in the Wood..............
- And you thought YOU were having a bad day.....
- Antique Car Show: Part 2
- More Local News Reports!!
- Father's Day Outing!--Part ONE
- Garden Update!
- Useless Facts and Trivia: Volume 8
- Duck, duck, goose.....
- Yep, Retirement is NOT Bad.....
- All Together Now: EEEEwwwww!
- Some Hummers!
- More Dumb Laws: Next up: ARKANSAS
- More of Lovely Spring
- More Local News Reports!!
- Useless Facts and Trivia: Volume 7
- Birds, Blossoms and a Surprise...
- An Adventure in the Woods: Beauty and the Beast
- Pulp anyone???
- Hey, Man...My Mouth Hurts Like Hell after Playing ...
- Fiddlesticks!! Crap!! Oh, Mon Dieux, and all those...
- My Spring Yard Garden Tour
- The Apple blossoms are coming, the apple blossoms ...
- Some sniffs and then a Honk, honk!
- ▼ June (25)
I'm not afraid of the dentist but this sure would've helped when I was a kid going under the knife..."Video games? I get to play video games? Cool!
OMG Joan, I chuckled thoroughout your entire post while reading it. You amaze me my friend with how you find these articles. Love it.
Have a great weekend, stay warm,...Hugs
This would be funny. After wearing that helmet, kids all over the country will be afraid to play video games anymore. They'd all have to go outside and play real games. :)
Hahahahah-too hilarious. Gosh darn, are you funny or what!
Sign me up for some of that "experiment"!
JJ: Just don't inhale there while playing video games! :-D
Bernie: Glad you liked it. When I read the article, I HAD to post it, because it was like out of some Sci-fi story or something.
Ratty: Now if we could just trick Mr.Nutz into trying on the helmet......
Sue: With my luck, the helmet wouldn't fit over my big head and my mouth would still work. hahaaa
Funny post. Especially the last one, LOL
Wow Joan you are soooooooooo RIGHT! Sheesh, good call bringing this one to light!! There is NO FRIGGIN WAY I would let them do that to my kids! And, when I got my wisdom teeth out, at 1pm, I DID NOT WAKE UP until 7pm...yeah. I am still somewhat freaked out by that one...Dentists are just *slightly* scary in my world...umm....
All I can think of is how kids today have it so darn easy!
Just when you think you've pressed 'Kill' and nuked your enemy, you've really given permission for the dentist to take 3 teeth out. Scary.
Grannyann: Yes, always check your underwear after being the the dentist.(For more reasons than that!) ha
Insanity Kim: I agree! I am always scared of going there.
Teresa: Easy and drugged. ha
Fran Hill: Very Scary!!!!!
Post a Comment