Monday, January 2, 2012
Here they Are!!: December 2011's Entries for the FREE PHOTO CONTEST: Theme: The Epitomy of the Holidays!!
What I love MOST
about hosting my
FREE PHOTO CONTEST
once a month,
is the variety of entries I get.
From every culture, every part of the world, every religion, every creative talent.
This month did not disappoint in this regard.
December 2011's theme was:
The Epitomy of the Holidays
we got such a wide range of ideas on this one.
The number of entries are going down a bit....so I am going to put a plug in here to charge everyone up
to make sure
you enter a photo for the future contests!!!
Make your 2012 resolution that you will stretch your photography muscles a bit
and start entering a photo every month that you can, ok???
That being said,
here we go
a tour of the entries for December 2011:
This one was from Arti. Her blog is called: "My Yatra Diary"
This one is from Sharon W. Her blog is called: "Sharon's Paws Create"
This one was from Bilsot. He sent the photo to me as a Christmas greeting
and then I asked him if he meant to enter it as his December Photo Contest
entry and he said: :Why not?: His blog is called: "Amateur Photographer".
This one is from Linda R. Her blog is called: "Linda's Letters".
This one is from Larry B. He has two blogs. One is called: "Larry's Creative Zone" and the other one is called: "Larry's Photo a Day".
This one is from Lorac. Her blog is called: "The Cottage Life".
This one is from Muffy. Her blog is called: "Muffy's Marks".
This one is from Far Side. Her blog is called: "Far Side of Fifty"
Weren't they fantastic???! Don't you just love that no one had the same idea that entered
and that they are all so different???
Once again, if I forgot anyone's entry (I try, folks, I really do..but sometimes they get lost in my many, many e-mails!!)...
if I forgot you, please notify me IMMEDIATELY.
I will be sending these out to the judges by Friday, so if I forgot you, let me know so I can revise this post and send all of the wonderful entries to the judges all at once.
My special thanks to each and every one of you that entered your photos.
Being the masochist that I am, I will be hosting this contest once again in 2012!!!!!!
The rules are the same and can be found HERE.
After December's winner is picked, we will be posting all twelve monthly winning photos
and letting YOU
(yes YOU, my readers!!!) pick
the 2011 WINNING PHOTO OF THE YEAR!!!!!!!!
The theme for
FREE PHOTO CONTEST!!!!???:
Yes, you read right.
Take a photo of anything WHITE.
(It is not as easy as it sounds...white composition in photography is one of the hardest to take).
Send me your photo
no later than
midnight on Jan. 31, 2012
- The Retired One
- I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!
- HERE is your 2011's FREE PHOTO CONTEST's WINNING P...
- Lighthouse waves!
- Rocks, waves, Coves and a Lighthouse!!
- Ishpeming and Marquette Michigan Photos!
- Now it is YOUR turn.....YOU (My beloved READERS!!)...
- Splashes of Waves and Color!
- We have a WINNER: Dec. 2011 FREE Photo Contest: Th...
- Autumn This and That....
- Autumn, how I MISS you!
- More Color on this Winter Day
- Leaves, Water and Oh MY!
- This and That from an Autumn Day in the U.P. Woods...
- Come walk with me.....
- Earth, Water and Color!
- 2012 FREE PHOTO CONTEST RULES: You can enter once ...
- Here they Are!!: December 2011's Entries for the F...
- ▼ January (16)
- ► 2011 (187)
- ► 2010 (230)
- ► 2009 (298)