LIKE MY BLOG? Click below on "FOLLOW" and add yourself to the list of my followers!
Saturday, October 1, 2011
Fabulous Waves against the Presque Isle breakwater!
Anyone who comes to
visit Presque Isle.
It is a peninsula that sticks out into beautiful Lake Superior.
I am fortunate to live about 35 miles from there.
I graduated from Northern Michigan University and every student that goes there
holds Presque Isle's beauty in their heart forever.
Last week, I drove there after a Doctor's appointment that my daughter had
and we were thrilled to see huge waves hitting the breakwater and lighthouse there.
I decided that I HAD to take a video of it for you to see.
You could literally feel the powerful pulse of that huge great lake.
I hope the video gave you a glimpse of the power of the waves that day...
this is NOT an ocean, it is a lake!
If you know the song of the Edmund Fitzgerald that sunk on Lake Superior, you can just imagine the horror of the men that perished there...and that was in NOVEMBER with temperatures in the 30's with icy winds.
They say Lake Superior never gives up her dead.
It is, sadly, often the case.
But its beauty is awesome and admired by those that live by it and those that visit it.
My wish is that you can do so someday if you have never seen it.
REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.
- The Retired One
- I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!
- ► 2012 (91)
- Happy Halloween!!!! Your treat? : This and that ...
- Eagle Rock Lighthouse
- Ask not for whom the Autumn calls, it calls for YOU!
- Mouth of the Huron River on Lake Superior!
- Point Abbaye in the Upper Peninsula (U.P.) of Mich...
- Autumn in the U.P.: Brockway Mountain !!
- We have a Winner!: Sept. 2011 Free Photo Contest: ...
- Goat's Beard? and Other Garden Flowers back in Sum...
- A Late Summer Garden: Part FIVE
- Foxglove and Crazy Daisies!!
- A Late Summer Garden: Part FOUR (oh, and a visitor...
- Revisiting a Late Summer Garden: Part THREE
- RE-REVISED: Here they Are: September 2011's FREE P...
- Revisiting a Late Summer Garden: Part TWO
- Fabulous Waves against the Presque Isle breakwater!
- ▼ October (16)
- ► 2010 (230)
- ► 2009 (298)