LIKE MY BLOG? Click below on "FOLLOW" and add yourself to the list of my followers!

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION
All pictures (and blogposts) are copyrighted and may not be reproduced/used in any manner without my PRIOR approval. Thank you for respecting my hard work.

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Revisiting a Late Summer Garden: Part ONE

I know it is autumn.  And here...the leaves are FANTASTIC right now.

IN fact, as you are reading this, I am probably out running around like a crazy woman
in our back woods to capture photos for you.

So, while I am away from my computer,
today, I decided to post some pictures for you
of a nearby garden that I frequent.


It is run by two men and it grows every year. 

They only charge $5.00 a CARLOAD to come and look and meander around their gardens
and it is well worth every penny.

It seems like you can go there every two weeks and see completely new plants and flowers
in bloom.

I went there in late summer,
and caught some gorgeous flowers.

So, for the next few days, I am going to treat you with some views of this gorgeous place.

Enjoy!!





I completely fell in love with these crazy daisies:







Yellow flowers just uplift my spirits.
How about you?:








And those of you that know me well...know how passionately I feel about Iris's!:







They have such interesting "other things" stewn throughout their gardens too...
I loved these river rocks put on old metal candle stands....
and I just had to make this shot in black and white too!:








I don't know WHERE they got these fantastic benches...but does anyone want to help me steal them
in the middle of the night? We need a big van and lots of muscles....(LOL):


















More rocks in black and white....I love how the water dripping on some made those holes!:











Stay tuned for more shots of this incredible garden and its everchanging flowers....

*********************************************************************
YOU
are dangerously close to the DEADLINE
for the Sept. FREE PHOTO CONTEST!!!

Get your

SHADOWS

photo into me no later than midnight on Sept. 30th, 2011
following
THESE RULES.

You don't have to be a Blogger to enter!

16 comments:

Brian Miller said...

very cool looks like and incredibly beautiful place to visit...

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Thank you for sharing this lovely garden. I love those river rocks. Your photography is wonderful.

FlowerLady

Anonymous said...

The colors are SOOOO vibrant!!!I like your new look! I thought about changing to the very new template, but it appears that I would not have my top photo if I did that.

MadSnapper said...

these are all awesome which i say every time you post photos. the bench is my favorite, the funny daisy's tied for first place. but all the rest are stunning and beautiful. what a garden and worth well more than the admission price. i really really like your new "fall look" on your blog.

Jeanette said...

I love the river rock setup! Too cool! We have a place in Ann Arbor called Mathai Botanical Gardens that has neat stuff like that too!

TexWisGirl said...

gosh, these are great!!! that last macro - i just want to reach out and touch the fuzz. and, yes, i'd come help you steal some benches if i could! :)

what a great concept for these 2 guys to create this garden and allow the public to view it. what a rewarding thing it must be for them...

Country Gal said...

What fantastic photos and place to take them. Love your new blog look full of fall colour. Have a great time taking photos cant wait to see them. Have a wonderful day !

Grandmother Mary said...

I do like the yellow flowers and it made me realize I don't have any currently on my balcony. I'm going to remedy that!

Unknown said...

Wow! It looks like an amazing garden. I've never seen daisies like the ones in the photo. And the bench is definitely unique!

Tammy@Simple Southern Happiness said...

You have the most amazing eye for photos, these are beautiful. What a lovely place to be able to spend all day snapping GOD's beauty.

I want to enter the contest but cant find the link to the rules?

Debbie said...

gorgeous....and that iris, just for me, right!!

Hilary said...

Absolutely beautiful. I never tire of summer's best.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Love the step back into summer.This garden sounds like a photographers paradise.

Rita said...

I have never seen river rocks with holes or dimples in them. Fascinating! Now I am trying to picture where they would have to be for that to happen...??

Adore those crazy daisies!! Can hardly wait to see the entries for your contest. :)

Valerie said...

The new autumn colouring makes your blog really welcoming. I am in awe of your photography, the crazy daisies especially appeal to me. Have you published any of your photographs or turned them into a book?

Alan Burnett said...

Beautiful photographs, as always. You fill the frame up to overflowing with shape and shades of natural colour.

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.
Please do not copy any of my photographs (or narratives) without my permission! All pictures will be tracked for copyright violations.

Lijit Search

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About Me

My photo
I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!

Blog Archive

ultimate translation selector

To get more traffic to your blog: