Tuesday, October 25, 2011
Mouth of the Huron River on Lake Superior!
In my last post, I took you to Point Abbaye, which overlooked Lake Superior and the Huron Islands.
(Just go under this post to "older posts" and click on it to find it).
Today, I am showing you some pictures from where the mouth of the Huron River
pours into Lake Superior, and coincidentally
also looks out at the Huron Islands.
This spot of land is a pristine beach, shored with pine trees and is where the river meets the lake.
Again, when we went there, we had an unusally warm October day, close to the 80's
(which is VERY rare up here for October!)
Some driftwood next the the Huron River:
Looking out at the Lake Superior Beach from the river:
Footprints from the beach to the river:
Logs on the riverbank:
Looking out at Lake Superior at one of the Huron Islands: (the water closest to you is the river flowing into the lake):
I love me some driftwood!:
It is especially wonderful visiting there in the fall, because there are NO bugs!!
We have gone there in the summer and there are these stable flies that bite the bee-jeezus out
of you. They HURT.
I am happy to say we didn't see so much as a mosquito there that day.
Don't forget to enter the OCTOBER 2011
FREE PHOTO CONTEST!!
The theme is:
The Epitomy of Autumn!!!
send in ONE photo that shows us what fall means to you...
send it in no later than midnight, Oct. 31st, following THESE RULES.
You don't have to be a Blogger to enter!
- The Retired One
- I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!
- ► 2012 (91)
- Happy Halloween!!!! Your treat? : This and that ...
- Eagle Rock Lighthouse
- Ask not for whom the Autumn calls, it calls for YO...
- Mouth of the Huron River on Lake Superior!
- Point Abbaye in the Upper Peninsula (U.P.) of Mich...
- Autumn in the U.P.: Brockway Mountain !!
- We have a Winner!: Sept. 2011 Free Photo Contest: ...
- Goat's Beard? and Other Garden Flowers back in Sum...
- A Late Summer Garden: Part FIVE
- Foxglove and Crazy Daisies!!
- A Late Summer Garden: Part FOUR (oh, and a visitor...
- Revisiting a Late Summer Garden: Part THREE
- RE-REVISED: Here they Are: September 2011's FREE P...
- Revisiting a Late Summer Garden: Part TWO
- Fabulous Waves against the Presque Isle breakwater...
- ▼ October (16)
- ► 2010 (230)
- ► 2009 (298)