LIKE MY BLOG? Click below on "FOLLOW" and add yourself to the list of my followers!

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION
All pictures (and blogposts) are copyrighted and may not be reproduced/used in any manner without my PRIOR approval. Thank you for respecting my hard work.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Wild Cala Lilies, wild flower bushes, and Water Lilies!

I am trying to learn all the wildflower names for the wildflowers 
that grow in our area.

I am not learning them as well or as fast as I wished!

Thank goodness for knowledgeable Bloggers who often help me name some of them...

So, let's see if we can find out some of them today, shall we?




I know these are yellow water lilies:







But this white flowering bush? Haven't a clue!: Anyone know??:







Also stumped on this one!: Help!!???:







Wild Cala Lily:







Another wild Cala Lily:







(I can't help myself. They are so tropical looking for way up north where we live!):
















Wild rose:







Wild rose with a friend:







Another yellow water lily:

I have bought some reference books to learn about the different plants and flowers
natural to the U.P. of Michigan...
It is fun finding them, photographing them and then trying to find out what they are.

If anyone knows the names of the unknown flowering bushes I showed you above,
please let us know???

9 comments:

Rita said...

I'm no help with the names, but they're all beautiful. Especially the yellow water lilies! :)

Grandmother Mary said...

The petals of the wild rose could break your heart with their beauty.

MadSnapper said...

i am no help with identifying flowers, I can barely remember names of what grows in our yard. they are all beautiful, i like the water lily pads and the bee is fantastic.

Tammy@Simple Southern Happiness said...

You have some amazing places to go. I was in awe of the yellow flowers. Amazing eye you have.

Country Gal said...

Wonderful photos ! I to am not much help as I dont know the names of wild flowers and plants all I know is they are beautiful and worth capturing on camera as you have so wonderfull done. Have a good day !

TexWisGirl said...

those wild calla lilies are wonderful! so are the waterlilies!

Unknown said...

The first and two last photos blow me away!

Pat said...

I don't know what the other flowers are called, either, but I know that I love the Cala lilies because they remind me of Georgia O'Keeffe, and the wild roses because the remind me of home!

Debbie said...

those wild calla lilies are fabulous with their heart shaped leaves...i have never seen them before. i adore wild roses!!

these are all soooo pretty!!

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.
Please do not copy any of my photographs (or narratives) without my permission! All pictures will be tracked for copyright violations.

Lijit Search

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About Me

My photo
I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!

Blog Archive

ultimate translation selector

To get more traffic to your blog: