LIKE MY BLOG? Click below on "FOLLOW" and add yourself to the list of my followers!

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION
All pictures (and blogposts) are copyrighted and may not be reproduced/used in any manner without my PRIOR approval. Thank you for respecting my hard work.

Monday, September 12, 2011

A Summer Trip out into the Wilderness: Part FOUR

Today, we continue with my mid-summer trip
out in the woods.

I love it when we just drive out and see what my lens can find!




I love, love flag iris out in the wild!:






And spying butterflies on wildflowers! (Devil's paintbrush!):













 Little ducks in the pond:






Evening Primrose profile:






A trio of them!:






Mama?:






The day we went riding to our usual ponds, there were BUNCHES of these gorgeous
flag iris in bloom everywhere!:
As you can imagine,
I took a bizillion photos of them out there.

Guess what my next blogpost will be of???

********************************************************
Don't forget to enter SEPTEMBER's
FREE PHOTO CONTEST!!!

This month's theme is:

SHADOWS!!!

Get your photos in no later than midnight on Sept. 30, 2011
following

You don't have to be a Blogger to enter!

16 comments:

Debbie said...

these are wonderful....the fawn, my favorite!!!

Elizabeth Grimes said...

Oh my goodness! The ducks, the deer, the primroses! This post could be called "Elizabeth's favorite things!" :)

Andrea said...

I've also been out this weekend just like you, taking photos of whatever is in front of me, and in times like these we see interesting things that we didn't know are very beautiful, most especially when they are captured just like these photos.

Jeanette said...

Oh man, that fawn picture is too cute!! Love it!

Sharon Wagner said...

Pretty Primrose. And a daring dragonfly post as well. You always have such an abundance of great shots.

MadSnapper said...

forget the duck, I LOVE the pond he is in. i did not know Iris grew in the wild, they are lovely. all of your found treasures are beautiful today.

L. D. said...

The ducks are woodducks. I really like the young one looking for it's mother.

Bossy Betty said...

Just beautiful! I love how nature always surprises and nourishes the soul.

Rita said...

Love the fawn and the spot where the ducks were looks silently beautiful. The yellow primrose are gorgeous. Can hardly wait to see more of the wild irises! :)

Unknown said...

Oh wow! The butterfly, the primroses, the fawn--all terrific shots!

Country Gal said...

Fantastic photos ! Papa and I often do the same we call out to eachother "ROAD TRIP " and off we go with our cameras the best time to take photos its awesome ! Have a wonderful day !

TexWisGirl said...

perfectly beautiful. the yellow primrose are stunning...

Ginnymo said...

Awww! Those ducks and the little fawn are so cute. Beautiful flowers also!!

Grandmother Mary said...

A photographer friend of mine used to take gorgeous close ups of the flag iris- such an exquisite flower. He died too young and your photos brought sweet memories.

Ruth Hiebert said...

You and your camera captured the beauty of nature so well. I enjoyed each shot.

Valerie said...

The fawn has to be favourite... but the flag iris is special too.

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.
Please do not copy any of my photographs (or narratives) without my permission! All pictures will be tracked for copyright violations.

Lijit Search

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About Me

My photo
I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!

Blog Archive

ultimate translation selector

To get more traffic to your blog: