Thursday, March 18, 2010
We interrupt winter to bring you this Spring MESSAGE....
I know I have been showing you a TON of winter pictures lately.
And, I still have MORE to show you.
But NOT TODAY!
Because we have had the most spectacular, warm weather EVER for this time of year over the last week or so.
So much warmth and sun, and so welcomed!
We went for a walk to the post office yesterday
I couldn't BELIEVE that the crocuses were up and in bloom.
It is very early here for Crocuses....normally they don't come up until April here.
And, even MORE surprising?
I saw THIS in my yard!:
My tulips are coming up already!!!
IT IS TOO SOON!
Now, I am afraid they will all die.
Because we will surely get more snow and freezing temperatures here yet.
I have over 500 tulips in my yard!
I don't want them to die before they are born.
So, I went around and told each and every one of them to SLOW DOWN!
(I hope they heard me).
I went to look at the crocuses some more!:
They were HEAVENLY to see!:
All day, we saw the cattails sending out their billowy seeds in the wind, too:
A bouquet of spring!:
Let's look at them closer, okay?
They are going to be covered with snow again before REAL SPRING arrives.
I guarantee it!:
(There is even a bee in the lower left flower....do you see it?)
This one reminds me of a Q-tip!:
I will hold this dream in my thoughts for a long time....
our true spring arrives here!:
(Taking a deep breath)....
Now, let's get back to some more winter photos in the next blogpost, shall we?
- The Retired One
- I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!
- ► 2012 (91)
- ► 2011 (187)
- Tahquamenon Falls in the Winter
- Icy Lighthouse
- More Lake Michigan Ice!
- Where have all the photos gone????......
- The Glorious Mackinac Bridge (on ice!)
- The Gift that Keeps on Giving...
- Canyon Falls in the Winter: Part 4: Last in the Se...
- More Dumb State Laws: Indiana!
- We interrupt winter to bring you this Spring MESSA...
- Canyon Falls in the Winter: Part THREE
- Blogger Meeting!
- Canyon Falls in the Winter: Part TWO
- Canyon Falls in the Winter: Part ONE
- Lovey Dovey
- More Useless Tidbits
- We have a Winner!!!: February's Photo Contest Results
- Busy as a............(nope, not a BEE, guess again...
- Here they ARE!: February 2010 Photo Contest Entrie...
- No thanks, Ma'm.......
- ▼ March (19)
- ► 2009 (298)