Friday, March 26, 2010
More Lake Michigan Ice!
Although we are melting in the north now (at the time you read this), a few weeks ago, when we went to meet Shelley( from Birding in Michigan and Building a Log Cabin), down in Mackinaw City, Michigan,
Lake Michigan had plenty of dramatic ice.
I wanted to share how dramatic things are on the Great Lakes, even in the late winter!
Just look at THIS!:
These are all ICE CHUNKS that the wind pushed up against the Lake Michigan shoreline!:
I loved the hint of turquoise in the ice chunks!
I had to take pictures of the boats in the winter....on the shore...just waiting for spring!:
Like US, these boats are up on dock, high and dry (in cold storage)...waiting for the ice to melt so they can get back to being in the summer waters!:
The boats are all up on the dock, asking: "Will Spring EVER get here?":
The Mighty Mackinac Bridge "on ice":
See how hard the wind was blowing? (Look at the flag). I was freezing out there taking that photo!
Mountains of gorgeous turquoise ice on the Lake Michigan shore!:
I wanted to climb them SO bad!...But I probably would have had a tragic death:
Ice under the bridge!:
The cold and forelorn shore even has a beauty all it's own:
By the time you see this post, most of our snow is already melting.
But I took so many winter photos during the first few weeks of March, that I will be posting even more of them in the next few days.
*If you haven't entered my March photo contest yet, PLEASE remember to enter your photo by midnight, March 31st. The theme this month is:
"Something GREEN or Something Irish"
Follow the rules listed HERE.
- The Retired One
- I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!
- ► 2012 (91)
- ► 2011 (187)
- Tahquamenon Falls in the Winter
- Icy Lighthouse
- More Lake Michigan Ice!
- Where have all the photos gone????......
- The Glorious Mackinac Bridge (on ice!)
- The Gift that Keeps on Giving...
- Canyon Falls in the Winter: Part 4: Last in the Se...
- More Dumb State Laws: Indiana!
- We interrupt winter to bring you this Spring MESSA...
- Canyon Falls in the Winter: Part THREE
- Blogger Meeting!
- Canyon Falls in the Winter: Part TWO
- Canyon Falls in the Winter: Part ONE
- Lovey Dovey
- More Useless Tidbits
- We have a Winner!!!: February's Photo Contest Resu...
- Busy as a............(nope, not a BEE, guess again...
- Here they ARE!: February 2010 Photo Contest Entrie...
- No thanks, Ma'm.......
- ▼ March (19)
- ► 2009 (298)