1. Tigers have striped skin, not just striped fur.
Oh, God. Please don't tell me they shaved one to find this out. Because a naked tiger would just be ugly.
2. In most advertisements, the time displayed on a watch is 10:10. Now I have been checking watch ads. This is true over 50% of the time. Now I KNOW you will be checking all the ads you see....you just won't be able to help yourself.
4. The characters Bert and Ernie on Sesame Street were named after Bert the cop and Ernie the taxi driver in Frank Capra's "It's a Wonderful Life."
5. A mayfly has a life span of 24 hours. I wonder how they check this? Do they put little bands on their wings when they hatch and then when they croak a timer goes off? Poor things...only 24 hours to live. Now THAT makes you think more on how you spent your day TODAY, doesn't it?
6. A goldfish has a memory span of three seconds. Very similar to husbands and children.
7. A dime has 118 ridges around the edge. I know you are going to take one out and count them, now aren't you? AREN'T you? Gheesh, the people that write these things need to find a life. You thought YOUR job was hard. How would you like to be an edge of coin ridge counter?
8. It's impossible to sneeze with your eyes open. How could you look in the mirror to check? I mean, even if your eyes WERE open, they would be all watery and get all gooey with the sneeze. Yuck. It also begs the question....if you sneeze and are driving, then you are closing your eyes then, right?