LIKE MY BLOG? Click below on "FOLLOW" and add yourself to the list of my followers!

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION
All pictures (and blogposts) are copyrighted and may not be reproduced/used in any manner without my PRIOR approval. Thank you for respecting my hard work.

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Loons: Part 3

Hi Everyone,
Hope your weekend has been wonderful.

I am still at my daughter's as you read this, hugging on my grandkids and singing Happy 2nd Birthday to my grandaughter, Miranda.

I preposted these to automatically publish on Sunday for you, during my absence.

I may not get to your comments until I get back from my trip, but please know I love gettnig them and I will answer you back when we return on Monday or Tuesday.

Until then, sit back with a hot cup of coffee and enjoy the 3rd and final installment of the loon pictures. Some will look like repeats to you because I did closeups of some of the pictures in succession. I click away fast when I see wildlife, so I don't miss any poses or happenings.

Although I have a lot of pictures of the loons being stressed from the speedboat across the lake, it wasn't that often that it occurred. I just took several pictures of them when it occurred so I wouldn't miss their spread wings.

That being said...
Here he is again with outstretched wings!
Warning the bad old boat not to come across the lake:


He seems like a very busy guy, warning that boat!:


That darn pole had to be in the way by the dock, ruining my photo opportunity.
BAD DOCK!!:



CHARGE!...:




I love the drop of water from his beak:




This guy must be a football linebacker. Hmm..what team's colors are black and white?
Here he goes again!:




Showing a little belly here! Must be doing the "side stroke" in the swimming competition:




She seems a little bored with the "protection thing", doesn't she?




Such a lovely couple!:




Here we go again!:


That's it, folks!!

Show is over.

Thanks for coming.

18 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Wonderful Loon photos..you were very lucky !! :)

blushing rose said...

As always, you capture every breath of life & take us to the presence of the moment to share. AWESOME!

Have a great weekend. TTFN ~ Marydon

Brian Miller said...

love the captures of the wings on full display...amazing. hope you are having a great weekend with lots of hugs and smiles. oh and happy birthdays too!

SquirrelQueen said...

Great photos of these lovely birds. He is a bit of a show off isn't he?

Judy

Unknown said...

Really great photos!!

Anonymous said...

These are outstanding, loved the "show"

Regards,
A.J.

grannyann said...

It was just like they were showing off for you, wasn't it? They are beautiful.

♥ Boomer ♥ said...

I know you're having a wonderful time!! ♥

rainfield61 said...

The loons are there during your absence. The show is still going on. lol.

Bernie said...

I love the "lovely couple" photo, as well as all the others. Hope you are having lots of fun and looking forward to you coming home.
Enjoy your family.....:-) Hugs

Rick (Ratty) said...

With all that posturing he keeps doing, I'm glad he's not one of the characters in the lake I visit. We would have already had at least a couple of little wars by now. Animals just seem to love to challenge me for some reason.

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Wow that was incredible ! Fantastic photos and lots of patience.....
You take some of the most interesting shots, and I thank you for sharing them.
Pop on over to my place, I have left something for you ;)

The Retired One said...

Far Side: I do consider it luck...this is the first time all summer we have seen any, and to have them close enough to photograph was wonderful!

Blushing: thanks! I was very, very lucky to see them and have them close enough to photograph.

Brian: Thanks. Just got home from our long weekend. Yes, I got in a ton of hugs and happy birthdays with the grandkids. Loved every moment.

squirrelqueen: I am glad he was a showoff...made for some great photos. ha

Eva: Thanks so much. Now I gotta get out in the woods again to find some more nature and animal photos!

A.J.: thanks so much!!

Grannyann: I hope some more animals decide to show off for me! It makes for some great photos. ha

Boomer: you are right! We just got back. Had lots of grandchildren hugs around my neck to refresh my soul!

Rainfield: Thank goodness! They bridged the gap for me while I was away.

Bernie: Thanks! Just got back from our trip. Am tired, but had a great time hugging on the grandkids and getting little kisses on my cheeks. ha Got to catch up on everybody else's blogs tomorrow.

Ratty: Because you love it, that's why. They sense that kind of thing with you, I am sure!

Brit: Thanks so much!! You are a doll!

Retirement Homes Bulgaria said...

These photos are good ! What camera are you using ?

ashley folkema said...

1st photo: AMAZING! Love it :)

The Retired One said...

Retirement: You are new to my blog, right? I hope you join(ed) on as a FOLLOWER..that would be wonderful! I use a Panasonic Lumix digital camera with 18X optical zoom and 10 megapixels. I just love this camera. It is a point and shoot but has manual settings you can change too.

Ashley: Thanks...I was so excited when I saw them defending their territory!

Jientje said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!
You mean you did this with a Panasonic Lumix? Well done!!

My sister has one too!

The Retired One said...

Jientje: Thanks! Yes, I took these with my Panasonic Lumix. I was lucky they came on our side of the lake so that my zoom was powerful enough to grab these shots.

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.
Please do not copy any of my photographs (or narratives) without my permission! All pictures will be tracked for copyright violations.

Lijit Search

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About Me

My photo
I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!

Blog Archive

ultimate translation selector

To get more traffic to your blog: