LIKE MY BLOG? Click below on "FOLLOW" and add yourself to the list of my followers!

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION
All pictures (and blogposts) are copyrighted and may not be reproduced/used in any manner without my PRIOR approval. Thank you for respecting my hard work.

Friday, March 13, 2009

I Gots Me Another FanTabulous Award!!!

The Sweetheart, Pehpot from Make or Break has awarded me the Uber Amazing Blog Award.:

Uber (synonym to Super) Amazing Blog Award is a blog award given to sites who:
~ inspires you
~ makes you smile and laugh
~ or maybe gives amazing information
~ a great read
~ has an amazing design
~ and any other reasons you can think of that makes them uber amazing!

The rules of this award are:
* Copy the badge and put the logo on your blog sidebar or post.
* Nominate at least 5 blogs (can be more) that for you are Uber Amazing!
* Let them know that they have received this Uber Amazing award by commenting on their blog.
* Share the love and link to this this post and to the person you received your award from.
* Come back and comment on my blog so that your link could be added to the master list of awardees
So, today, being Friday the 13th....I will cheat (Like my friend: Ratty!) by doing the following.
If you are listed on my blog as a "favorite", consider yourself awarded this award and follow the rules above. You are now bestowed the award...because you are all awesome!!
Thanks Pehpot and thanks to all my readers and followers too!!!
BTW: I have posted two posts today, so make sure and scroll down to the other one I posted earlier today too!!!

10 comments:

Carol said...

Congrates on the award. I started to read and I started to laugh at some of your entries.

The Retired One said...

Carol: Thanks! And thanks for becoming a new follower...you MADE MY DAY!!

Insanitykim said...

Didn't I use uber somewhere recently? Anyway, I super uber love this award. Thank you for keeping me on your blogroll!

Top Ten Reasons Why I Love Joan:

1. She gives me stuff, like awards.

2. She has pretty flowers.

3. She makes up funny names for burgers.

4. She won a writing contest.

5. She still wears lingerie...(if you don't know how I know this then maybe you don't love her as much as I do.)

6. She gives me stuff, like awards.

7. She is nostalgic.

8. She pulls out the funny in very mundane things, like police reports and word verifications, it's like magic!

9. She leaves lots of comments on my blog, and leaves me comments back on her blog too.

10. She gives me stuff, like awards.

heh heh

Have a great weekend!!

Anonymous said...

I laughed at them all too, your amazing and I always enjoy watching your slideshow every time I visit. BIG hugs!

The Retired One said...

Insanity Kim: Funny girl! I know if I die (I mean WHEN I die), you will be the candidate to take over the TOP TEN on your blog. (I don't plan on going until I am over 100 yrs. old, so you'll have to wait a while).

Debb: thanks Sweetie! A great old big hug right back atcha!!

Anna Lefler said...

Thanks so much for the awesome award! I really appreciate that!

Your blog rocks - you crack me up!

Take care and talk soon...

:^) Anna

rawitdawit said...

nice site!

Aria said...

I love all the improvements you've made while I was off doing other life-things... Thanks for the award, and you have one waiting for you at my place. btw, WHOOT CONGRATS on the Humor Press award! 2nd place is no laughing matter! and ACW and now you have more followers than me... and I have a feeling you're gonna pass me up all over the place, cause you're too awesome! Love Ya Joan!!!

The Retired One said...

Anna: You are more than welcome, and I am SO glad you like my blog. I love to write, so having others read my writing makes my day!

Rawitdawit: You are new to my blog, right? If you liked it, please go to "follow this blog" and click on it to become a regular reader. I will check out your blog too!

Aria: Thanks, Sweetie...I didn't do too many changes, just little things here and there. I don't have a clue how to redesign my blog like you are doing! I would like to come up with a better header, I will have to read up on that.
I will go to your blog right after I write this and get my "present" (award!) You are such a Sweetheart. I bet if I lived near you, we would become buddies and visit each other a lot. ha
In my mind, I could never "pass you up"...you are a born comedian with a huge heart. Back atcha with a whole bunch of blogger love!!

The Retired One said...

Rawitdawit: I looked at your blog, but I don't have a translator to understand it! :-(

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.
Please do not copy any of my photographs (or narratives) without my permission! All pictures will be tracked for copyright violations.

Lijit Search

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About Me

My photo
I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!

Blog Archive

ultimate translation selector

To get more traffic to your blog: