LIKE MY BLOG? Click below on "FOLLOW" and add yourself to the list of my followers!

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION
All pictures (and blogposts) are copyrighted and may not be reproduced/used in any manner without my PRIOR approval. Thank you for respecting my hard work.

Thursday, March 19, 2009

I am Really Humbled.....Three more awards!

Today, I received THREE AWARDS!!!!
1+2=3 !!!!!

I guess you could call this a SUPER DAY!!! (That is not spring thunder you are hearing, it is ME, doing a bunch of happy dancing here in upper Michigan!!!)

From my friend and mentor: Aria, at Aria's Ink, I got this one:


Then, I received TWO awards from Sara (at The Breathing Post)!

From Sara, I got another Uber Amazing Blog Award PLUS ALSO this one: (The Kreativ Blogger Award):


I truly love my readers and fellow bloggers. It can be a regular day, or a good day, or a for-shit day and all one has to do is click on someone else's blog and read their funny post, or their touching post and after you do, it makes you feel so much better!

It is the feeling of companionship, of brotherhood/sisterhood, of knowing that you are not alone in the way you think about things, about being zany and knowing others understand you,
that bonds us.

It is hard to explain to someone who does not regularly blog, isn't it?

So, I guess what I am trying to say is that I treasure the two blogger friends who gave me the above-mentioned awards. For simply being: them.

Now, to get to my assignments (from the awards):
First, for the Uber Amazing Blog Award;
Uber (synonym to Super) Amazing Blog Award is a blog award given to sites who:
~ inspires you
~ makes you smile and laugh
~ or maybe gives amazing information
~ a great read
~ has an amazing design
~ and any other reasons you can think of that makes them uber amazing!

The rules of this award are:
* Copy the badge and put the logo on your blog sidebar or post. (Check!)
* Nominate at least 5 blogs (can be more) that for you are Uber Amazing! (See below)
* Let them know that they have received this Uber Amazing award by commenting on their blog. (Will Do!)
* Share the love and link to this this post and to the person you received your award from. (Done!)

As a twist, I am going to name 8 blogs that have some amazing photography on them for both the Uber Amazing Blog Award and the Kreativ Blogger Award. That's right!!!! The folks listed below have just gotten TWO awards at once!! I have just recently gotten into taking digital photos of birds, flowers and landscapes and love doing it. (You can see them on my slide show above....all of the pictures in the slideshow are ones I have personally taken). Here are my Uber Award winners for photography. If you get a chance, please stop by their blogs to view their wonderful photography and stories about their photos:

1. Susanne at Sue's Daily Photography
2.Ratty at The Everyday Adventurer
3. Rainfield61 at My Journey
4.Shelly at Birding in Michigan
5.Denise at A Photo a Day
6. Sharon at A New England Life
7.DVM's Wife at The DVM's Wife's Life
8. Cathy at Yooper Yarns

And,for the Kreativ Bloggers Award, you are supposed to name 7 other bloggers to bestow the award to (I did already, see above, PLUS THE ONE MENTIONED BELOW.) In addition, the award winner must list seven things they really like. So here goes:

1. Writing (anything, anywhere!), of course that includes Blogging and my fellow bloggers.
2. Like I said, I have recently really gotten into digital photography of flowers, birds, landscapes, and just about everything in nature! As I take new ones, I will be adding them to my blog's slideshow (above) so keep on watching it!
3. Gardening (flowers mostly).
4. Antiques and collectables. (My husband and I are renovating an old building and hope to have an antique shop in it within the next 2 years).
5. Garage Sales, Estate sales and auctions (where I buy all my treasures for the shop and for our house).
6. Baking (and eating the baking, of course!)
7. Going on trips (especially to the tropics in the winter, or anywhere new!)

Besides the photography blogs I mentioned above, I am also bestowing the Kreativ Blog Award to Aria at Ariaz Ink for her unique blog and for being the wonderful mentor she was/is to me as I came into this great world of blogging. Stop by her blog....you will be glad you did!!!!

Once again, thank you to Sara and Aria for their gracious an generosity in giving me recognition for my blog!
And thanks to my readers for continuing to read my blog.
I love to write and having readers is like giving crack to a crack addict.
I also love it when I get comments....so keep them coming!!!

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh geesh. I'm humbled. Thank you!

Ramblin Mama said...

Congrats on your triple wins!!!

pehpot said...

that makes you the most uber amazing blog evah!

Make or Break

Rick (Ratty) said...

Thanks for the great awards! It'll take me a few days to do my own post. I'll combine it with the one I'm working on about dragons. That's the one that will have your cool Florida dragon in it. I think I have an interesting idea for it.

Loree said...

Congratulations on your awards. You certainly deserve them especially since your blogs make me smile.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! And thank you for including me in your list!

When you have time could you please contact me by email at northcountrycampground@gmail.com? I have a question for you andn prefer to not post it here. I appreciate it!

And I DO enjoy your photos! I just hope by the time Dan and I head south next fall that I have figured out the combination to my laptop so photos don't appear dark after posting them!

Meg said...

Congrats! Awards are much better than crack.

The Retired One said...

DVM's Wife: You are welcome. I am glad I found your blog!

Ramblin Mama: Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. Feel free to click on "follow this blog" and become a follower if you want to read me regularly,I would love it. I stopped by your blog and became a follower today...I will be interested in reading more about your mom's and your adventures!

Pehpot: EVAH??? You flatterer, you!!

Ratty: you deserve the award for all the creative stories you do to go along with your pictures (which you work so hard to get!). I will look forward to see how you "work in" the Florida dragon into your blog posts.

Loree: Thank you, Sweetie. Making others smile is my goal in life!

Cathy: you are welcome! (I will email you later today). I have the picassa photo program, so maybe I can help you with the darkness and some editing? We can discuss it over the email?

Prefers Her Fantasy Life: Thanks! You are new to my blog and I just joined yours...welcome aboard!!
I don't know much about crack, other than that it is supposed to be very addictive...but my addiction to blogging and reading blogs has GOT to be close.hahaaaaaaaa

S-V-H said...

Thank you sooooo much for your kindness to give me an award - no, even two awards! - for my humbled blog. I'll post it very proudly in the right column on the side of my blog.

Thank you again and thank you also for all your comments, they are very much appreciated.
Susanne

Sue's Daily Photography

Patricia Rockwell said...

Congrats on awards! And welcome to retirement. We retired about the same time (so are probably about the same age--I won't tell). I love reading the blogs of other retired people, so I will be back often!

Aria said...

Thanks Lady ~ I don't have that one yet! Coolies, guess I'll have to post over the weekend now (maybe) depends on how snarky hubby gets after I clean out his packrat holdings ;-)

Lynn Kellan said...

You go, girl! Congrats on the cool awards!!

Lynn from forloveorfunny

The Retired One said...

Susanne: you are more than welcome...I enjoy traveling with you and seeing your gorgeous photos!

Patricia: Thanks! Please click on "follow this blog" of the top left corner and become a regular follower! Thanks for reading me!

Aria: You are welcome...glad you didn't get this one yet, although I am amazed you haven't!

Lynn: Thanks Lynn!!!

Shelley said...

You are a sweetie and I am honored! Thank you!!!

The Retired One said...

Shellmo: You're welcome...I enjoy your blog!

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.
Please do not copy any of my photographs (or narratives) without my permission! All pictures will be tracked for copyright violations.

Lijit Search

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About Me

My photo
I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!

Blog Archive

ultimate translation selector

To get more traffic to your blog: