LIKE MY BLOG? Click below on "FOLLOW" and add yourself to the list of my followers!
Wednesday, October 19, 2011
As promised, today I begin a series of photos of the beautiful Upper Peninsula (U.P.)
of Michigan's autumn.
We took several trips out in the woods to try and capture the changing colors, as well as visiting
several waterfalls this autumn too.
We had two huge wind storms with rain,so the colors didn't last as long as I had hoped,
but I got out there as much as possible to bring you photos.
I am starting with the latest ones, and will work backward on my blogposts,
as I knew you wanted them asap.
I love woods' roads when they are full of color:
In certain areas, all the trees are golden. In other areas, you get the reds and oranges mixed in:
A river with some floating leaves on it:
I love being near water when our leaves change, because you get them reflected.
This boulder with the caught leaves in them next to swirling river water caught my eye:
A little creek just full of fallen leaves on its sides and banks:
Slate River Falls as the afternoon sun was setting:
This is a well-known spot called "Big Erik's bridge" after a huge fella who was a logger back in the day.
In the spring, many trout fishermen and fisherwomen come here to catch trout.
The falls are pretty year-round.
They were very low due to less rain the day we went here:
Another shot of them through fall foliage:
A creek, a boulder and the glorious color:
While hiking, this little chipmunk hopped up on this old tree stump, and was lit by the sun.
I just had to snap a photo of him!:
There will be more autumn photos to come...
I'm just getting started!!
Hope your leaves are still up, ours have all blown off now and they are saying the "S" word for this coming week....
I am NOT ready!!!!
REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.
- The Retired One
- I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!
- ► 2012 (91)
- Happy Halloween!!!! Your treat? : This and that ...
- Eagle Rock Lighthouse
- Ask not for whom the Autumn calls, it calls for YOU!
- Mouth of the Huron River on Lake Superior!
- Point Abbaye in the Upper Peninsula (U.P.) of Mich...
- Autumn in the U.P.: Brockway Mountain !!
- We have a Winner!: Sept. 2011 Free Photo Contest: ...
- Goat's Beard? and Other Garden Flowers back in Sum...
- A Late Summer Garden: Part FIVE
- Foxglove and Crazy Daisies!!
- A Late Summer Garden: Part FOUR (oh, and a visitor...
- Revisiting a Late Summer Garden: Part THREE
- RE-REVISED: Here they Are: September 2011's FREE P...
- Revisiting a Late Summer Garden: Part TWO
- Fabulous Waves against the Presque Isle breakwater!
- ▼ October (16)
- ► 2010 (230)
- ► 2009 (298)