LIKE MY BLOG? Click below on "FOLLOW" and add yourself to the list of my followers!
Friday, October 21, 2011
Autumn in the U.P.: Brockway Mountain !!
Autumn couldn't be prettier than at the tip of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan
at a place called
And in Copper Harbor, is a "mountain" called Brockway Mountain
where you can drive your car to the very top to see a beautiful panorama
We had a lot of wind the weekend before we could get up there, so we didn't see it in "full" color
but we were lucky that there were some trees still in color for us to enjoy.
It overlooks Lake Superior:
A view from the edge from the side of the mountain:
A patch of gold!:
The most colorful side:
Color surrounding a small lake:
Overlooking the town of Copper Harbor from the mountain:
If you ever get the chance to come up here to the U.P., aim for the last few weeks of September
You will love it!
REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.
- The Retired One
- I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!
- ► 2012 (91)
- Happy Halloween!!!! Your treat? : This and that ...
- Eagle Rock Lighthouse
- Ask not for whom the Autumn calls, it calls for YOU!
- Mouth of the Huron River on Lake Superior!
- Point Abbaye in the Upper Peninsula (U.P.) of Mich...
- Autumn in the U.P.: Brockway Mountain !!
- We have a Winner!: Sept. 2011 Free Photo Contest: ...
- Goat's Beard? and Other Garden Flowers back in Sum...
- A Late Summer Garden: Part FIVE
- Foxglove and Crazy Daisies!!
- A Late Summer Garden: Part FOUR (oh, and a visitor...
- Revisiting a Late Summer Garden: Part THREE
- RE-REVISED: Here they Are: September 2011's FREE P...
- Revisiting a Late Summer Garden: Part TWO
- Fabulous Waves against the Presque Isle breakwater!
- ▼ October (16)
- ► 2010 (230)
- ► 2009 (298)