LIKE MY BLOG? Click below on "FOLLOW" and add yourself to the list of my followers!

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION
All pictures (and blogposts) are copyrighted and may not be reproduced/used in any manner without my PRIOR approval. Thank you for respecting my hard work.

Sunday, August 14, 2011

This and That from Summer

Images of summer in our yard for you today!

I know.
Everyone does images of dandelion seed pods.
But I just couldn't help myself.
They are the epitomy of summer!:





We have had more hummingbirds this year than ever before!:






I just love the texture of the fuzzy poppy seed pods!:














I just HAD to slip in one more photo of the spring lilacs with the butterfly in it!:







I LOVE playing with my shutter speed to try and capture little hummers in mid-wing fluttering!:














Lupine leaves in just the right light:

















All my lupines have now gone to seed...
but that's ok...
that means they are already preparing my gift for NEXT year...

(their offspring!)
*******************************************************************
Can you BELIEVE that we are almost half way through the month of August already??
That means that you have to get busy looking in your archives
or
going out to TAKE a picture to send me for the
FREE PHOTO CONTEST.
August's theme is:

Lakes, Ponds, Rivers or Creeks!!
Send me ONE photo of any of the above no later than midnight, August 30th.

Just follow THESE RULES. 

You don't have to be a Blogger to enter.

24 comments:

Brian Miller said...

nice...some very cool hummingbird pics!

MadSnapper said...

we now know your shutter speeds work since the hummingbirds are stunning and floating as if they were still life and no one can do a dandelion like you. gorgeous
did you use a tripod for the humming birds? incredible shots

Paz said...

Did you know this side of the Pond, Dandelion is known more often as 'Pissy beds' this probably comes from the French 'pissenlit', literally piss-a-bed. So kids here do not pick them :D
Love the shot of the Hummingbird

TexWisGirl said...

i LOVE the golden tones in the first 'poof' shot. and the last hummingbird 'butt' shot. :)

Unknown said...

The humming bird shots in mid-flight are stunning!

Daryl said...

I am envious of your hummer shots, we dont seem to have any here in the Big Apple

Anvilcloud said...

You did very well to capture the hummers like that, and your "seedy" photos are especially enchanting. I see you live in the UP. We used to live across the river from Port Huron in Sarnia. I got my last traffic ticket in the UP in 2000 when we were driving home from the Prairies.

Unknown said...

Amazing captures.
Costas

Elizabeth Grimes said...

I can't believe summer is over half gone! Thanks for including the lilacs! I felt like I didn't see much of them this season.

Bossy Betty said...

Those hummingbird shots! YOWZA, Baby!

Linda Reeder said...

Your hummer shots are wonderful, and very skilled. I don't have a feeder, so it's hard to capture them out in the garden and play with camera settings too. I have much to learn.

Debbie said...

oooohhhhh i love them all but you know i am just swooning over the hummer shots. they are magnificant!!!!

Rita said...

I am probably one of the select few who absolutely love dandelions! And you hummingbird photos are magnificent!! A joy to visit, as usual. :)

Ruth Hiebert said...

Once again you have shown us such beauty.The dandelion fluff is lovely.

Country Gal said...

Super fantastic amazing photos !

Nat said...

I'm a huge fan of dandelions.. that's a great specimen! I've been slacking lately, need to get my entry in for the contest for a change :-)

Hilary said...

Your plant life and winged critters are just marvelous. I love hummingbirds and spent the past few days hearing that familiar thrummmmmm over our heads as they look for the feeder. I wasn't successful with any decent shots this time so I'm really enjoying yours.

Amy said...

love love love the hummingbird pics....those are soooooooo coool!!!!!

Insanitykim said...

Ohhhhh I am SO jealous of the hummingbird pix! I can be face-to-face with my little buggers outside, but as soon as I pick up my camera they act like I am the paparazzi! Sigh...

Hmmm...I'll have to see if I have any photos for the contest...

Your photos are breathtaking, as always! Love ya!

red said...

Fantastic job on the hummers. They're amazing birds and to catch one stopped in the air is awesome.

SquirrelQueen said...

Wow, those are some amazing shots of the hummers! Great job Joan.

J.J. in L.A. said...

I hate you. : P

Actually, I love you and your pictures! : )

Reena said...

Great shots of the hummers and I need to work on my shutter speed as well! All your photos are just wonderful!

Pat said...

Those images of the hummingbird caught mid-flight are just stunning!

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.
Please do not copy any of my photographs (or narratives) without my permission! All pictures will be tracked for copyright violations.

Lijit Search

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About Me

My photo
I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!

Blog Archive

ultimate translation selector

To get more traffic to your blog: