LIKE MY BLOG? Click below on "FOLLOW" and add yourself to the list of my followers!

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION
All pictures (and blogposts) are copyrighted and may not be reproduced/used in any manner without my PRIOR approval. Thank you for respecting my hard work.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Summer Bouquet!

Today's post
consists of showing you some more of my summer blooms.

I took a lot of shots of my garden but never got to post them all....
so before we jump into full blown autumn here in the gorgeous U.P.
and I bombard you with those shots,
I figured I'd better finish off the
summer shots first.





A lucky shot of a bee approaching this lovely lupine:





I have these flowers in my garden, but can't remember what they are. I think they are some kind of primrose?:






Lupine galore!:






Hosta leaves....which deer came and ate since then!
Grrrrrrr!.....






A mix of lemon lilies and Iris and Bachelor Buttons!:






Lemon Lily!:

















I also don't know the name of this garden flower? Help?:








These are a small bush and I also don't know the name of them.
(I got them from a relative and planted them. She told me once, but I can't remember the flower's name). I know some smart Blogger out there will tell me!?:

**********************************************************************
Besides summer getting over (FAST!!! Can you believe this coming weekend is LABOR DAY WEEKEND??? YIKES!!), and the beginning of autumn to celebrate....
you have one more thing to do:

ENTER your photo for the FREE PHOTO CONTEST!!!
You only have one more day people!!!

This month's theme is:

LAKES, PONDS, RIVERS or CREEKS

So,
enter your photo my midnight August 31st, 2011
following

You don't have to be a Blogger to enter!!!

16 comments:

MadSnapper said...

LOVE the lupine and the lemon lilies, they jumped out of your photo and into my heart.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I will just enjoy these beautiful 'summer' flowers and pretend that it is not over yet.

Jeanette said...

Love the mixture of lemon lilys, iris and bachelor buttons. Very pretty!

L. D. said...

Your flower shots are all so wonderful. I really like seeing the lupines as we use to see them in Minnesota when we visited there. Your's seem very healthy and are in full bloom.

TexWisGirl said...

those are really beautiful. i won't be able to help with any i.d.s. just appreciating their beauty and your photos...

Unknown said...

They are all lovely, but the first one, with the bee in mid-flight is a stunner!

DJan said...

That may have been a lucky shot, but that bee and flower are simply AWESOME!!

Hilary said...

Oh that bee shot is a winner! I don't know much about the names of these flowers.. but "Beautiful" covers them all.

Rita said...

The landing bee shot is amazing! Love them all, but the lemon lilly just leapt out at me. So bright and sunny! I can hardly wait to see your autumn pictures! :)

Jientje said...

Thanks for these beautiful Summer flowers. Autumn will be upon us faster than we know!

Amy said...

the last picture looks like Malva...does it spread? Malva is like a chinese lantern flower...once you plant it, it never goes away...my mom had some once, lol...and round up wouldn't kill it...

Grama and I loved the pictures this morning, she kept saying how beautiful they were, it makes her day to look at all the beautiful pictures that my blogger friends post...Thanks for making her day better, as she don't have much anymore to brighten it up!

Daryl said...

Your garden grows so beautifully

LindyLouMac said...

What a stunning collection of summer flowers!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hey, The last photo is a Perennial Geranium, they should bloom twice during the summer.
I just sent you a lake photo for the challenge!
I enjoyed all your flower photos:)

Pat Tillett said...

Beautiful photos, everyone of them!
I totally forgot to enter the contest...
Hope you are doing well Joan!

SquirrelQueen said...

Your flowers are beautiful Joan. The last one is a perennial geranium also called Cranesbill.

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.
Please do not copy any of my photographs (or narratives) without my permission! All pictures will be tracked for copyright violations.

Lijit Search

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About Me

My photo
I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!

Blog Archive

ultimate translation selector

To get more traffic to your blog: