LIKE MY BLOG? Click below on "FOLLOW" and add yourself to the list of my followers!

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION
All pictures (and blogposts) are copyrighted and may not be reproduced/used in any manner without my PRIOR approval. Thank you for respecting my hard work.

Friday, August 26, 2011

Summer Iris!

In the last post, I showed you my garden Columbines....
Today, I am going to show you
some Iris that I had this June
in my garden.

They are also some of my favorite summer flowers.



I think it is because they look exotic, or tropical to me:







And being from bulbs, they are so totally easy to plant and grow:






Those beards!
They look like grape koolaide tongues!:














I want to be like my blogger friend BETSY, and get a bunch more colors....
but for now the yellow and orange and purple ones are wonderful!:























































































Love those fuzzy tongues!!!:


I really miss them when they get done blooming...
and 
look forward to them in my garden every year.

Hope you enjoyed sharing them with me today!

15 comments:

diane b said...

They are so delicate and fragile looking except for the hairy tongue. Your phtoos are stunning.

Jenn Jilks said...

Beautiful shots! I love them. I found my water hyacinth look much like orchid flowers. Have to figure out how to bring them in for winter...

Cheers from the peaceful forest!

Country Gal said...

Lovely photos ! I to have the Bearded Iris in my gardens ! Have a wonderful day !

Debbie said...

gorgeous, gorgeous + purple = be still my heart!!!

these are VERY nice to wake up to!!!

Jientje said...

SO pretty!

MadSnapper said...

my favorite today is the 3rd up from the bottom the purple. a beautiful photo and flower. all of these are just gorgeous. all of our flowers in our yard are red, yellow, purple, my favorite colors in flowers. happy colors and these are all happy. when the post opened the first shot i thought, it looks like it is sticking out it's tongue at me

Brian Miller said...

grape koolaid tongues...ha...yeah they do...they are beautiful though...

Elizabeth Grimes said...

I love the koolaid tongues! That's so true. They are beautiful flowers, and beautiful photos!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Thanks for this step back into early summer. I too, love Irises.

Unknown said...

I love the color of the iris!

Bossy Betty said...

What great designs! Always amazing what nature comes up with!

LindyLouMac said...

What wonderful colours of irises you have in your garden. They are something that do grow well here and I posted some photos of them in our garden earlier in the summer.

TexWisGirl said...

just beautiful. my favorite was the really tight bud of the purple one. :)

Rita said...

I agree with Sandra--third up from the bottom is my fav, too. Maybe because it is a little different shape than what I am used to seeing. They're all beautiful. I remember my dad planting the bulbs when I was a kid and the purple and yellow flowers appearing with the summer. :):)

L. D. said...

I call these cemetery iris as they are the older varieties that still exist there. I have a couple of those and yours are all so beautiful.

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.
Please do not copy any of my photographs (or narratives) without my permission! All pictures will be tracked for copyright violations.

Lijit Search

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About Me

My photo
I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!

Blog Archive

ultimate translation selector

To get more traffic to your blog: