Friday, February 4, 2011
Bond Falls!-Part ONE
Every winter, I like to snowshoe in to at least one winter
Not only is it good exercise, but the falls take on a whole new look
in the winter white
never fails to amaze me with its ice formations.
Besides, it is wonderful for black and white photos too.
So, about a month ago, we packed up the car and took a drive to Bond Falls.
It was gorgeous.
And there had been so many snowmobilers that had walked the trail to the falls, that we didn't even need
to use our snowshoes...we wore our regular winter boots.
So for the next few blogposts, I am going to share some of the beauty of these winter falls with YOU.
The falls are actually a set of several cascading falls down to the very bottom.
So I am showing you these in the order of our actual walk down the falls.
SEE why I really LOVE winter falls?:
All over the place were clumps of snow and ice right beside rushing water:
And stunning "plates" of ice formations overhanging the rapids:
This adorable little hut is open in the summer at the falls...but it was closed up and sealed
for the winter now:
and rushing water..
Forget about looking at clouds for dreams...
what do these look like to YOU?:
I loved this little
on the walk beside the falls:
this view of the river
with the bridge over it:
And we totally lucked out with the weather that day....
very warm for US....in the high 30's and sunny...
hardly even a breeze.
Just glorious and refreshing.
Stay tuned, I will be posting MORE of our Bond Falls trip
in blogposts to come....
- The Retired One
- I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!
- ► 2012 (91)
- Winter on Lake Superior: Part ONE
- Cold Gorgeous Upper Peninsula Winters!
- A trip in the BOONIES....in the middle of winter.....
- Finally!! We have a WINNER for the January's FREE ...
- Winter storm and birds!
- Bond Falls: The Finale!
- Bond Falls: Part Six
- Bond Falls: Part FIVE
- Bond Falls-Part FOUR
- Bond Falls-Part THREE
- REPOSTED: Here They Are!! January's FREE PHOTO CON...
- All votes are IN!! Here is your 2010 Winning photo...
- Bond Falls-Part TWO
- Bond Falls!-Part ONE
- Hoarfrost: Part THREE
- ▼ February (15)
- ► 2010 (230)
- ► 2009 (298)