LIKE MY BLOG? Click below on "FOLLOW" and add yourself to the list of my followers!
Friday, February 18, 2011
Bond Falls: The Finale!
This the last of my Bond Falls in the Winter series of photographs.
Oh, I have MORE...
but you have been patient enough!!
For those of you that haven't suffered through the entire series
and are masochistic enough to want to go back and see the other parts of them...
just keep scolling down, down, down through
my blogposts and if you get to the bottom of the page,
hit "OLDER" and you may get even MORE!
Here is another black and white of
that fabulous frozen foam that was gathered at one part of the river!
It looked like meringue!:
If you study the ice formations, they really are very individual
and quite spectacular:
This was part of what we needed to get PAST
to take some of my pictures.
What medication was I
that day, anyway???:
You can see why I couldn't go any further past this point...
there were only ICE CLIFFS without even any ICE STAIRS to help me!!
I'm NUTS, but I'm not suicidal!!
Some hikers were going to try and cross the river on this snow and ice covered logs.
Thank goodness they changed their minds~!:
Still sighing over the views we saw!:
I would have LOVED to have been able to hike over to the little viewing deck
seen at the top of this photo...
but that would've involved climbing down and back up ice cliffs to do it:
What the U.P. of Michigan must look like to the satellites in the winter
(like frozen Antartica continents!):
Frozen river hat!:
Thank you SO much for going on this journey with me.
I loved being able to share these photos with you all.
REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.
- The Retired One
- I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!
- ► 2012 (91)
- Winter on Lake Superior: Part ONE
- Cold Gorgeous Upper Peninsula Winters!
- A trip in the BOONIES....in the middle of winter.....
- Finally!! We have a WINNER for the January's FREE ...
- Winter storm and birds!
- Bond Falls: The Finale!
- Bond Falls: Part Six
- Bond Falls: Part FIVE
- Bond Falls-Part FOUR
- Bond Falls-Part THREE
- REPOSTED: Here They Are!! January's FREE PHOTO CON...
- All votes are IN!! Here is your 2010 Winning photo...
- Bond Falls-Part TWO
- Bond Falls!-Part ONE
- Hoarfrost: Part THREE
- ▼ February (15)
- ► 2010 (230)
- ► 2009 (298)