Monday, September 6, 2010
We were on our boat on the lake
and I spied
far, far away....
what I thought was a family of some kind of ducks...
I didn't want to scare them,
so we didn't bring the boat any closer.
I used my zoom, but unfortunately the shot did not come out clear, due to the distance involved.
But, I want to share it with you anyway, because I was so thrilled
when I saw what they were!
Remember last year
when I had a Chipping Sparrow with a Mohawk???
Well, guess who
again this year??!:
(I love that he always looks like he has an attitude, don't you???)
A wonderful attitude!:
I think this is a female, but I am not sure what kind of bird she is.
Does anyone out there know? A female purple finch or grosbeak?:
Did someone say Purple Finch?
A Purple Finch in all his glory. I know, I know....they are more red than purple, but that is
Aren't they gorgeous?:
Help me Rhonda:
(I wanted to pet him sooooo bad).
This one was particularly red in color:
I am SURE at this point, he was saying:
"Are you DONE with the pictures, already??" "You haven't even given me time
to clean off my face, for Cripe's sake!:":
So, I moved on....
the Yellow Finch:
A female yellow finch:
All of these birds
have disappeared now..............
The fall migration has already started here
with some of the birds
We hope we see some again on their way through
If we do, I'll be snapping away at them with my camera!!
- The Retired One
- I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!
- ► 2012 (91)
- ► 2011 (187)
- Blue Heron Sighting!
- Princess in the Woods?
- My FAVORITE kind of Surprise in the Woods!!
- This and That from the Woods....
- Random Thoughts about Random Subjects: Today? Ch...
- Turtles and Tufts!
- What the Heck is a Bittern???
- Sandhill Crane Migration!!
- Bugs, Buds, and other Beauty!
- August 2010 FREE Photo Contest Winner for Sunrises...
- Butterfly, Bridge, and Nature's Beauty
- More this and that August Photos!
- Summer Birds!
- My Birthday Gift to YOU!!!
- More This and That from July and August
- This and That from July and August
- Here they ARE!!==August's Photo Contest Entries!!
- ▼ September (18)
- ► 2009 (298)