LIKE MY BLOG? Click below on "FOLLOW" and add yourself to the list of my followers!
Saturday, December 27, 2008
The Power of a Secret Cookie Recipe
There are two camps of folks when it comes to making chocolate chip cookies.
Those who like them soft and goo-ey on the inside, and................Those others that like them crunchy. (In other words, those that are dead WRONG.)
Many years ago, I made the recipe that was on the side of the Nestle's semi-sweet chocolate chip bag, and they came out pretty good.
But then...I "tweeked" the recipe, and along with a secret way of cooking them, I started to get people who would overdose on them and despite their profuse sweating, diarrhea, and the sugar high they got after they ate too many,.......... would STILL beg me for the recipe and the "secret" to making them so delicious and soft and goo-ey on the inside.
Being the smart "drug dealer" that I am, of course I denied all of their requests.
It's like crack...give them a free sample, get them hooked and then refuse them some more so they eventually will promise you their first-born children, their home, their car, their jewelry and eventually their dignity until I either break down and make them more cookies or just give them the damn recipe.
As far as the recipe goes, I just changed the amount of butter a little and added just a smidgen more of vanilla, baking soda, and flour. But the secret way of baking them was the true hook.
Some mothers pass on wisdom, philosophies, good looks, beautiful hair, a talent for music, or an aptitude for math on to their offspring.
That damn good cookie recipe and secret baking trick.
I have passed on the "trick" to my kids and they do me proud by continuing to hook others on them by bringing them to office potlucks or neighborhood get-togethers, and they say they get the same response.
My eldest daughter swears it gave her the last promotion at work.
Yup, they are that good.
My youngest daughter told me yet another example (of the power of the cookies) that happened this week.
She said she works with a guy that ate one of her cookies during a Christmas potluck at work.
She said he was out in the warehouse and she heard this huge groan. She thought maybe someone was sick (or having sex) and (being exactly like her mother!) went to check it out.
There he was....with chocolate smeared all over his lips, eyes shut....eating one of the cookies she had brought into work.
He said: "Oh, My God ! I swear..this is the best chocolate chip cookie I have EVER had in my life! I have to save part of it for my girlfriend!"
He went home and he was so excited talking about the cookie to her that she immediately baked him her own batch of chocolate chip cookies that very night.
He came into work the next day, shaking his head.
My daughter asked him about how she liked the cookie, and he proceeded to tell her that she immediately made him a batch.
My daughter laughed and said: "That was sweet of her".
Shaking his head no, he told her: "You don't understand.....................There I was, standing in the kitchen, eating her chocolate chip cookies...and all I could do-----------------------------------------------------------------was think of YOURS."
Now, THAT, my friends, is a powerful chocolate cookie recipe.
REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.
- The Retired One
- I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!
- ► 2012 (91)
- ► 2011 (187)
- ► 2010 (230)
- ► 2009 (298)
- Bring on the Margueritas !!!!!!!
- The Power of a Secret Cookie Recipe
- So Wrong (on So Many Levels)................
- OMG--I am Becoming Like My Mother (NOT)>>>>>>
- Get me a Trowel !!
- Down Memory Lane
- Victoria's Real Secret
- Blogger Butt
- Blogger Therapy Exercise #2
- Ode to Esther
- Retirement Spouse Survival Guide: List #1
- Blogger Therapy Exercise #1
- Grandkids....aren't they great?
- It Isn't Pretty
- ▼ December (14)