LIKE MY BLOG? Click below on "FOLLOW" and add yourself to the list of my followers!
Thursday, April 19, 2012
The Beautiful U.P.!
What is the U.P.?
It stands for Upper Peninsula.
Of Michigan, of course.
People from here are called YOOPERS (from U.P.-ers)
It is like no other place.
It is rural compared to other areas of Michigan.
It is unique, surrounded and filled with lots of water everywhere.
And wonderful, warm, friendly people.
Lots of Finnish, French, Italian and other cultures
that worked together in the mines and in the forests, raising generations of kids
who hold the U.P. in their heart forever.
I grew up as an Air Force brat, but my folks were from the Keweenaw Bay and L'Anse areas so we lived here many times during my childhood and I ended up
here in my adult life because I married a Yooper man and I can never be away from
Lake Superior very long without longing to come back.
Today I have autumn pictures of the U.P. (my homeland)
The mouth of the Huron River where it meets Lake Superior:
The Huron islands are straight ahead of you in the photo:
Point Abbaye overlooking Lake Superior:
Autumn mushrooms on logs:
Copper Harbor bay:
(I fell in love with the lone tree on the rocky island)
Another one of Point Abbaye:
There are so many waterfalls here. It is one of my favorite things to photograph!:
I have always loved the rocks along the Lake Superior shore and all of the jutting cliffs overlooking the shore:
I hope you can get out an embrace the wonders of Nature where you live.
They are waiting for you to come and visit....
REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.
- The Retired One
- I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!
- More Snow in the U.P.
- Things Were Happening in the Woods and on the Lake!
- Out of Autumn and Straight into Winter!
- We have a WINNER!: for March 2012's FREE PHOTO CON...
- More Shots of Last Autumn!: waterfalls, Moose and ...
- The Beautiful U.P.!
- October photos!
- Spring you Say?...Nah, I am still showing you last...
- Past Autumn Pictures!
- Last of the Mexico Adventure Shots: I promise!
- Here They Are !: March 2012's FREE PHOTO CONTEST E...
- Mexico Adventure: Part Twelve: Whale Watching: Part B
- We have a WINNER!! (finally!!) of the FEBRUARY 201...
- ▼ April (13)
- ► 2011 (187)
- ► 2010 (230)
- ► 2009 (298)