Thursday, April 28, 2011
Still This and That from Winter Photographs!
Even though where YOU live,
you may have already raised a small farm and eaten produce...
up here in the North, we had snow very late,
spring weather came for a week and a half,
and then we got hit with major cold and snow AGAIN.
So during this confusing time we call Spring up in the U.P.
(where you can never put your longjohns away for more than a few weeks)
I still had winter to shoot with my lens.
Here are some random shots of the end of our winter (and the beginning of our spring!)
Lovely tree mushrooms:
Moss on a snowy tree:
Rapids in the melting river:
Love those twisted roots:
In black and white too!
Didn't need snowshoes, but I did take my poles to help steady me when I sunk into random spots in the melting snow:
I love these little stalagtights hanging over the rushing river water:
Everywhere, texture and mushrooms!:
Nature accomodated the rock and the roots grew right over it into trees:
This woodpecker thought it was pretty convenient that the loggers brought the wood down to HIM:
The woods were very quiet that day, until I heard the tap-tap-tap of this little guy:
I hope you have lovely memories of winter and that your spring is more
progressed than ours.
Our snow melted quickly during a week and a half, and then on April 16th, we got another snow storm
that dumped us with a bunch of snow.
I am pre-publishing this blogpost, so hopefully by the time it posts,
our snow will once again be only a memory here too....
- The Retired One
- I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!
- ► 2012 (91)
- Still This and That from Winter Photographs!
- Canyon Falls Late Winter Hike: Part Two
- Canyon Falls Late Winter Hike: Part ONE
- Spring Hoarfrost!
- We have a WINNER for the March's Free Photo Contes...
- This and That from Winter Leftovers!
- Florida Sandhill Cranes!
- Wood Ducks in Florida!
- Part Six: Lulu at Homosassa Springs Wildlife Park
- Cedar Waxwings!!
- Part FIVE: Homosassa Springs Wildlife Park in Flor...
- Here they Are! March's FREE PHOTO CONTEST Entries:...
- ▼ April (15)
- ► 2010 (230)
- ► 2009 (298)