Tuesday, April 12, 2011
Florida Sandhill Cranes!
A funny thing happened on the way to Florida.
We stop at rest stops when we drive down to Florida from Michigan...
because folks, it is a looooooong ride!
As we were pulling into one, right beside the freeway off ramp
there was a flock of sandhill cranes eating in the grass on the side of the rest stop road.
Well, I did what I HAD to do.....
I grabbed my camera!!!
So, put your feet up and relax, because I have a TON of photos for you today.
I think they are some of the most gorgeous birds I ever see, and they come to Michigan every spring too!
Be. Still. My. Heart.
Help me Rhonda, help, help me Rhonda!
I am in L-O-V-E !!
Well, HELLO, Lover....
(oops, sorry...I didn't know he already HAD a girlfriend!)
Preening. Preening. Always with the preening!:
"I can't believe this lady is standing here so long taking pictures of us! Gheesh!~":
"O.K. Lady, you've had enough. We'd like to get back to eating now, 'kay??":
They were most patient with me....
and I was most grateful for it. Now, I will greet them in the woods when they fly up to the U.P.
I hope they get here soon!
- The Retired One
- I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!
- ► 2012 (91)
- Still This and That from Winter Photographs!
- Canyon Falls Late Winter Hike: Part Two
- Canyon Falls Late Winter Hike: Part ONE
- Spring Hoarfrost!
- We have a WINNER for the March's Free Photo Contes...
- This and That from Winter Leftovers!
- Florida Sandhill Cranes!
- Wood Ducks in Florida!
- Part Six: Lulu at Homosassa Springs Wildlife Park
- Cedar Waxwings!!
- Part FIVE: Homosassa Springs Wildlife Park in Florida
- Here they Are! March's FREE PHOTO CONTEST Entries:...
- ▼ April (15)
- ► 2010 (230)
- ► 2009 (298)