Sunday, April 24, 2011
Canyon Falls Late Winter Hike: Part ONE
Late this winter, about a month and a half ago,
we decided to take our snowshoes and hike into a waterfalls near us.
We had been receiving our first early spring warmth, and we knew
the river would be breaking up its ice and the water would be
beginning to flow again.
When we got there, there had been enough people that had hiked in
and packed down the snow,
so we didn't even need our snowshoes to walk the path.
And, as I had hoped...
the river was flowing
and the snow settling made for some very nice snow sculptured art on the banks:
A very cool "ice cave" I couldn't get to..to explore!:
I have always loved the little "ice shelves" the banks make when the snow starts to melt on the river:
Swirls of snow and melting icicles in the middle of it all!:
Winter surrounding one break in the river, trying to search for Spring:
Winter river rapids:
I loved those winter riverbank icicles here too:
Snow swirls, shadows and the river peeking through:
We will take a rest here from our hike and continue on the next blogpost.
Anyone have a bonfire and some hotdogs??:
- The Retired One
- I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!
- ► 2012 (91)
- Still This and That from Winter Photographs!
- Canyon Falls Late Winter Hike: Part Two
- Canyon Falls Late Winter Hike: Part ONE
- Spring Hoarfrost!
- We have a WINNER for the March's Free Photo Contes...
- This and That from Winter Leftovers!
- Florida Sandhill Cranes!
- Wood Ducks in Florida!
- Part Six: Lulu at Homosassa Springs Wildlife Park
- Cedar Waxwings!!
- Part FIVE: Homosassa Springs Wildlife Park in Flor...
- Here they Are! March's FREE PHOTO CONTEST Entries:...
- ▼ April (15)
- ► 2010 (230)
- ► 2009 (298)