LIKE MY BLOG? Click below on "FOLLOW" and add yourself to the list of my followers!

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION
All pictures (and blogposts) are copyrighted and may not be reproduced/used in any manner without my PRIOR approval. Thank you for respecting my hard work.

Friday, March 18, 2011

We have a WINNER for the February's FREE PHOTO CONTEST! Theme: Old Barns

Sorry folks for taking so long in announcing 
who won the
February 2011's FREE PHOTO CONTEST !!


I heard from the first judge right away, but our other judges 
really dragged their feet on this one,
so we finally got all the Judge's picks and the majority decision in.

This one was tough, too.

But, we finally picked JUST ONE winner.


Drum roll.....please!!!


The winner is:


Congratulations to LINDA!!!!!
Her blog is called: "Linda's Letters".

The judges that chose the winner stated it was very creative and a good capture of another artist admiring the same view.

Linda, please leave in the comment section a little more about your winning photo for us, okay?

Honorable mentions also go to:
--Teresa
 --Nat
and
--Mistaya

Thanks to all my judges!! I know how hard it is to pick your No. one favorite and even to pick your second favorite!!! I appreciate your time so much. 
***********************************************************************
Now!
Go out there and find your March 2011 FREE PHOTO CONTEST 
entry!!

The theme is:

RED!!!!

18 comments:

Brian Miller said...

ah great choice...love the colors and the painter....have a wonderful weekend!

DJan said...

Congratulations to Linda! This is a very spectacular photo. She's going to have to expand her sidebar with all the contests she's winning. Love it!

Linda Reeder said...

Thank you, Joan, judges, and fellow contestants!
This photo was taken April 2009 in the Skagit Valley in northwestern Washington State. This beautiful agricultural valley is famous for its blub growing and each April they hold the Tulip Festival. It is a sight to behold, as rainbows of color line the fields and visitors can get up close and personal. Many photographers and artists take advantage of the colorful display, and this old barn gets captured often.

MadSnapper said...

good choice, i love it

Nat said...

Congrats to Linda... it's a fab photo!
Thanks for the honorable mention :-)

Unknown said...

awesome choice!

Anonymous said...

Good combo; the barn with someone painting with someone taking BOTH of their photos!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Nice picture--but to me, the emphasis was on the tulips and not the barn. Oh Well.. Bet you are glad I wasn't a judge.... ha ha

P.S. It really is an amazing picture. Congrats to Linda.
Hugs,
Betsy

Grandmother Mary said...

Nice photo and a fresh perspective on barns - thanks and congrats.

Pat Tillett said...

Congrats to the winner and the honorable mentions! All great photos!

Gail Wilson said...

Conratulation to Linda!! Beautiful photo. and thank you for the honorable mention!!
Mistaya (Gail)

Alan Burnett said...

A worthy winner : and a big thank you to you for bringing together all these fine photographs and photographers.

Rick (Ratty) said...

I love pictures like this one. Capturing the other artist is a thing I'm a big fan of. And the picture even by itself is definitely a winner.

Anonymous said...

Nice contest and winner looks good to me as well.

Jeanette said...

Congratulaions to Linda! Yes, that is a beautiful picture!

SquirrelQueen said...

Congrats to Linda! I didn't realize she was from here in WA, waving to you Linda.

L. D. said...

Great photo Linda, I would love to go see this place some day.

teresa said...

Beautiful photo. thanks for the honorable mention! And thanks for hosting these fun contests. I somehow missed March all together but I will be back. this is too fun to miss out on. I love seeing all the pictures.

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.
Please do not copy any of my photographs (or narratives) without my permission! All pictures will be tracked for copyright violations.

Lijit Search

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About Me

My photo
I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!

Blog Archive

ultimate translation selector

To get more traffic to your blog: