LIKE MY BLOG? Click below on "FOLLOW" and add yourself to the list of my followers!

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION
All pictures (and blogposts) are copyrighted and may not be reproduced/used in any manner without my PRIOR approval. Thank you for respecting my hard work.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Erin Go Bragh-less?

Well, Happy St. Patrick's Day, everyone!!



I'm not Irish, but, hey.... I can get in the spirit for it.




Which leads me to my dilemma:

I'm thinking I might just host(ess) a little romantic dinner for my Lad,  but I am having a little trouble planning the menu. 


Can any of ye wee  Blogger elves help me?




For instance, I know we can start out with some lime vodka. (As Charlie Sheen would say: "Well, Duhhhh!}






And the hors doeurves? 

Well, celery is green...I can stuff it with something tasty. (Hey, I didn't get an A in Home Economics in 7th grade for nothing, for crying out loud!)

But I kind of get stumped from there.  

Once, I added green food coloring to mashed potatoes to surprise my family on St. Patrick's Day.   

Let's just say the bowl was still pretty full at the end of the meal. 

And, there is only so much parsley one can put beside meat to make it look festive, you know what I mean? 

And don't tell me to do stuffed peppers. Somehow flatulence just doesn't scream "romantic" to me.  (I am funny like that).

I don't want to be boring and serve the regular corned beef hash, or a rueben.

I  suppose I could spike some green food coloring into the rolls at the dinner table, but somehow adding food coloring to them just screams Penicillin to me in some way. (Or is that just me?)

You'd think dessert would be simple.

Except I don't like Pistachio or mint, which is usually green.  

Perhaps lime sherbet?  

Ah, hell, I can just make lime vodka slushes and stick with the whole lime vodka theme...why make it difficult on myself?

Anyhoo, if any of you have any festive ideas to help my romantic St. Patrick's Day dinner along, I'd really appreciate it.

Perhaps I'll just try something else rather than the menu to get "in the mood".



Wait!!....I could go bra-less  braugh-less!!  THAT might get my Leprechaun "in the mood"!!

Or, maybe even better, I could try THIS!?:



Because in truth, I'm not really looking for menu ideas..............I'm really just after his Lucky Charms.


15 comments:

Brian Miller said...

they are magically delicious...lol....oh my...hope you find that 4 leaf clover...

Hilary said...

Ha.. very cute.. you made me laugh.

Unknown said...

...You get into the mood quick enough,..
Happy St. Patrick's day.
Costas

Linda Reeder said...

Oooooo. Naughty. Hope you 'get lucky'.

RNSANE said...

Grasshopper pie is nice for dessert and definitely gren. As for the rest, I don't know. I remember once, when my boys were younger, fixing green eggs and ham for a St. Paddy's Day breakfast. You'd of thought I was serving snakes and snails and puppy dogs tails. That was the last time I ever tried that.

A nice salad with arugula would be good...I love arugula in anything! Some kind of pasta with pesto?

Paz said...

first off happy St Pats from Erin. Sorry its a bit late to send but starter, smoked Salmon and Capers(green) is very Irish, Main roast lamb(stick a knife in random spots and stuff with Basil etc) serve with mashed Potatoes(of course) with a small dollop of Japanese Wasabi Sauce on top(also green, make sure they mash it in well)
hope that helps

Unknown said...

I think you'll achieve your goal with a few lime jello shots! and maybe a green thong?

Anonymous said...

You nut! I sure miss your posts of laughter!! You are such a quick wit! Don't forget green beer and creme de minthe

DJan said...

Very cute, and very Irish! Top o' the Morning to Ya, Wee Lass! I hope it's a wonderful event, however you end up doing it. Cute post...

MadSnapper said...

to funny, i vote for the lime sherbet since i love it. maybe you could borrow Ginny's green bagel she has posted today or her green icing on cup cakes. green fluff made with lime jello and coolwhip and pineapple and nuts would be my choice of green. no green beans, no green peppers, not much green i do like in the food. but i do like your post

Country Gal said...

How about cut up chives in your mash potatoes for a bit of greenery with a roast of lamb and mint sauce and peas or green beans for the veggies. then maybe for desert green jello with icecream or just mint ice cream Juat a few sugestions ! I am sure you will find and make something wonderful . Happy St Patty's day to ya !

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Cute Cute Cute.... Hope you can get that man 'in the mood' after this blog post..... ha ha

Have a wonderful St. Patrick's Day... I have some Irish blood in me --and need to put on my green so that George won't pinch me... ha ha

Hugs,
Betsy

Ginnymo said...

Ha! Ha! Cute post!!

Debbie Lo said...

Great post! That had me laughing, for sure. You are hilarious, girl.

SquirrelQueen said...

Are you sure you're now Irish, your sense of humor certainly made my Irish eyes smile.

Well first you start the day with a little Irish coffe (the coffee is optional). Then end the day with a few pints (lime vodka is a good substutite). At that point anything is possible.

Happy St Paddy's Day!

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.
Please do not copy any of my photographs (or narratives) without my permission! All pictures will be tracked for copyright violations.

Lijit Search

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About Me

My photo
I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!

Blog Archive

ultimate translation selector

To get more traffic to your blog: