LIKE MY BLOG? Click below on "FOLLOW" and add yourself to the list of my followers!

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION
All pictures (and blogposts) are copyrighted and may not be reproduced/used in any manner without my PRIOR approval. Thank you for respecting my hard work.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Part FOUR: Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park in Florida

We are returning to the series today on the
Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park....
in Florida.

If you ever get the chance to visit there, please take the time to do so.

Most of the animals found there are ones that are injured
or that are rehabilitating..
and it is a gorgeous place.





One of my favorite birds: a Pelican.
It was cool the day we were there, and he is hunched down from the wind:









I had never seen one on a nest before, so was thrilled to catch this one:










A little fox, hiding out under a log:










Don't they have beautiful faces?:







A handsome Sandhill Crane. Loved that flash of red on his face:









I have YET to find an owl in the wild to photograph.
So, for me..this was the next best thing:









Apparently he was bored with me.
Or, I woke him up.
Either way, he kept his eyes closed, which cracked me up!:









And THESE big fellas, can stay RIGHT WHERE THEY ARE....
I didn't want any closer of a shot than THIS!:

I still have more photos to show you, so watch for my next blogpost and we will tour
this magnificent place together again soon.

***********
TODAY....
yes, TODAY! is the LAST DAY
 to enter your photo into my
monthly FREE PHOTO CONTEST for March 2011!!
March's theme is:

RED

So get out there and look for something fabulous that is red,
or
search your archives for that wonderful shot you forgot you had that has red in it....
Send it to me by midnight, TONIGHT
following
THESE RULES!!

19 comments:

Country Gal said...

Beautiful photos.

Wanda..... said...

Loved that Fox photo!

Brian Miller said...

great capture of the foxes...so beautiful...and love the texture of the feathers on the birds...

Gingerspark said...

Foxes! Owls! My favourites!
As always - beautiful photographs!!

Grandmother Mary said...

My grandmother had red hair and my grandfather called her his red fox. So I loved the fox photos.

MadSnapper said...

that fox is so pretty and sweet looking. like that owl, i have seen one big one and 2 little ones in the wild but not where i could get a photo. first time for me to see a pelican on a nest, lots of them here but no nest in sight. a wonderful place to be... i am with you on the gators

Cher' Shots said...

GREAT photos. Loved the virtual trip.
'hugs from afar'

Unknown said...

The owl shots are especially amazing!

Rick (Ratty) said...

I'd love a few alligator pictures, but I wouldn't want to get too close either.

Hilary said...

Wonderful photos of such beautiful creatures. I love the fox.. and of course my feathered friends.

Tracy said...

Joan, the fox AND the pelicans are gorgeous...so cool!
Now, I had to go back a couple blogs becuase I missed them but I thinkyou are trying to psych us out...first the cold, bitterly frigid at the dog races and then you take us to florida where it is hot and balmy...I think I might catch pnuemonia :)

Ruth Hiebert said...

I am sure that I would love to spend many hours at this place,camera in hand and happily clicking away.Your photos are super.Yes,the Gators can stay right where they are.:)

Midlife Roadtripper said...

I've never seen a pelican spread like that either. Yeah, I agree in regard to the alligators. Let them stay over there.

Far Side of Fifty said...

no close ups of the alligators..:(

Anonymous said...

I know how you love pelicans! The shots are great but I especially like the fox. Looks like you had a great time!

Sharon Wagner said...

What a wonderful place. And I can't wait to see the Red entries.

Shelley said...

That photo of the fox was gorgeous! They are such beautiful creatures. We have one hanging by my cabin, I keep hoping for better photo opportunities. Has the snow melted yet?!

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

Love the fox- I just adore those little guys. The pelican is much prettier than I expected, close up.

SquirrelQueen said...

This must be an amazing place with all those wonderful animals. The little fox is just adorable. The photo opportunities look endless.

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.
Please do not copy any of my photographs (or narratives) without my permission! All pictures will be tracked for copyright violations.

Lijit Search

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About Me

My photo
I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!

Blog Archive

ultimate translation selector

To get more traffic to your blog: