Tuesday, March 29, 2011
Dog Sled Races: Part THREE
If you missed Part One and Part Two
of my U.P. 200 Dog Sled Race in Marquette, Michigan,
just drop down below this blog post to read the other two!
The time FINALLY came for the first dog sled team to line up
ready for the race.
The dogs' yelps got even louder, they were SO EXCITED!!!
Here are all the dog handlers getting the first team lined up at the starting line.
The start is BEHIND the dogs, where the dog sledder is inside his sleigh, attached to the team:
The handlers check all the dog lines to make sure none are all tangled up and that they are lined up
correctly and ready to GO!:
Just LOOK at those dogs straining at the ropes, anxious to GO!:
My camera's batteries did NOT like the cold
when I wanted to use the fast shutter to "freeze frame"
Well, let's just say
NO way!, it said.
(They have always been on the bratty side).
So, I just took regular shots and they blurred.
Sometimes though, in a way, they are kind of cool to "blur the action" to capture action movement.
(That is my story, and I'm sticking to it!):
(see their little booties?)
(What do you MEAN, you didn't see them run by? What is wrong with you???)
I'll run it by you ONE MORE TIME!
But, this time: PAY ATTENTION!!
Wasn't that MUSHER hawt?????
You didn't see the MUSHER???
Because I am a patient woman, I will do it ONE LAST TIME.
You know. I just won't be able to bring you along to any more dog sled races if you can't
Next year, make sure you bring your fast-speed eyes with you, okay?
And remember to bring your favorite fur HAT.
Because we are going to have such FUN!
- The Retired One
- I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!
- ► 2012 (91)
- Part FOUR: Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park i...
- Dog Sled Races: Part THREE
- Dog Sled Races: Part TWO ! (Otherwise known as Dog...
- Book Review
- Dog Sled Races: Part ONE!!
- Part THREE: Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park ...
- Part TWO: Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park in...
- Part ONE: Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park in...
- We have a WINNER for the February's FREE PHOTO CON...
- Erin Go Bragh-less?
- Breakers and Birds!!
- Florida Trip: Part FIVE
- Snow Sculptures!!
- Florida Trip: Part FOUR (otherwise known as Florid...
- Trip to Florida: Part Three
- Trip to Florida: Part Two
- Trip to Florida: Part ONE
- Here they Are!! February 2011 Free Photo Contest E...
- Winter on Lake Superior: Part Two
- ▼ March (19)
- ► 2010 (230)
- ► 2009 (298)