LIKE MY BLOG? Click below on "FOLLOW" and add yourself to the list of my followers!

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION
All pictures (and blogposts) are copyrighted and may not be reproduced/used in any manner without my PRIOR approval. Thank you for respecting my hard work.

Monday, March 21, 2011

Part TWO: Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park in Florida: (Otherwise known as "It's all about Flamingos!) !!

Today....
it is
ALL ABOUT
Flamingos!!!

I am dedicated this entire blogpost to the beautiful
Flamingos

There will be a lot more pictures posted about this wonderful
park, but today, I had to devote the entire post to these gorgeous birds.


Also today, I'm going to be quiet
(I know! A near impossible feat!!)
and just let you gaze at the wonder of these birds:










































An Ibis, a flamingo and a swan in one shot!! :

































Forget those
oh-so-tacky
Flamingo statues people put in their yards....

I want a REAL one for my yard this summer.

And?

If he stays until winter in the U.P....
those long legs will be a HIT
to ice skate with!!!!!
*************************************************************

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful Joan! Don't you just love their vivid colors and the wild way they curl their necks around their body? Love it.

MadSnapper said...

ha ha, I KNEW you could not Stay Quiet! love the post, they are wonderful birds. next time you come south if you come to Sarasota go to Jungle Gardens, they come up and walk on your feet, and eat out of your hands. did they do that where you found these? i love to go to the jungle and sit on a bench and watch all the bird life. love that tri shot, beautiful

Brian Miller said...

wow. love the colors of those flamingos...so bright and cheerful....i wish i had their balance...smiles.

Country Gal said...

Beautiful photos. They are so vibrant in color arent they. Have a wonderful spring day !

Bossy Betty said...

Incredible! Look at that color! I am going to stand on one leg a lot today as a tribute.

Unknown said...

Wow! Bright colored birds! Great shots. I love that you share your photos with us!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Now if I had the flexibility of those guys,I would have less pain.They are beautiful,much better than those plastic wanna-bees
Blessings,Ruth

Grandmother Mary said...

OMG! The color is fabulous!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Gorgeous flamingos, Joan... Love that orange color.... And you are right--those yard things are totally TACKY...
Hugs,
Betsy

Tracy said...

Those colors are just stunning! I'd certainly like a shirt in that color, you know? gosh; just gorgeous!

Red said...

You can be quiet but I know what you'd say so the comments are in there anyway.
Great photos! Thanks.

RNSANE said...

They are so incredibly beautiful...and the shot with all three birds is very special! Now, if you could only have gotten a pelican in there, too....

Sharon Wagner said...

I actually have 2 tacky pink flamingos in my studio. Ha! But I like the beautiful orangy/red ones in your photo better.

Nat said...

Such beautiful, vibrant birds! Never seen them that orange before...

Debbie Lo said...

I love their orangeness! I'd love one for our front yard too! Great photos, gal!

SquirrelQueen said...

Whatever these flamingos are eating let's give them some more, I love that brilliant orange color.

I'm catching up after a week of on/off (more off) internet connection. Hopefully it's fixed now, it seems to happen every few months.

L. D. said...

Oh wow I am amazed at the colors that you captured here they are all wonderful. I need to catch up on your blog. Will do it soon.

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.
Please do not copy any of my photographs (or narratives) without my permission! All pictures will be tracked for copyright violations.

Lijit Search

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About Me

My photo
I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!

Blog Archive

ultimate translation selector

To get more traffic to your blog: