Wednesday, March 16, 2011
Breakers and Birds!!
Today, we are going back to some winter photographs
for a little change of pace.
I didn't want to forget to post them with Spring breathing down our necks.
(And I want to thanks Spring for doing that!!)
So, today I went with two themes---
On a cold and windy day, I stopped by my favorite spot in Marquette, Michigan:
There were waves breaking in the wind as they rolled in.
I was glad I did:
Ice and waves! BRRRrrrr:
I loved how the waves where being misted by the hard winds that day:
Cold white caps:
Now, go get a warm cup of coffee or hot chocolate to warm up before we go on.
Ok...here, this will help you feel better, even though they are still winter shots.
These guys always brighten my day.
And, their bright yellow always warms my heart:
"You must have cabin fever...don't you have anything better to do than to hang out by the window,
invading our dinner privacy?"
"Oh...and wash your windows ,will you??":
"I'm OUT of here!"
What is nice this time of year
we have a variety of birds that stop by all at once.
Doves, Bluejays, evening grosbeaks, woodpeckers, juncos, sparrows....
If you look in the tree of evening grosbeaks,
you can see a dove in the background:
"So, like...are you DONE YET with the pictures?":
I guess I AM!..............................................................................
- The Retired One
- I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!
- ► 2012 (91)
- Part FOUR: Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park i...
- Dog Sled Races: Part THREE
- Dog Sled Races: Part TWO ! (Otherwise known as Dog...
- Book Review
- Dog Sled Races: Part ONE!!
- Part THREE: Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park ...
- Part TWO: Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park in...
- Part ONE: Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park in...
- We have a WINNER for the February's FREE PHOTO CON...
- Erin Go Bragh-less?
- Breakers and Birds!!
- Florida Trip: Part FIVE
- Snow Sculptures!!
- Florida Trip: Part FOUR (otherwise known as Florid...
- Trip to Florida: Part Three
- Trip to Florida: Part Two
- Trip to Florida: Part ONE
- Here they Are!! February 2011 Free Photo Contest E...
- Winter on Lake Superior: Part Two
- ▼ March (19)
- ► 2010 (230)
- ► 2009 (298)