Friday, December 17, 2010
Part One: Canyon Falls; Late Autumn, Before the Snow
We've had snow here for a few weeks now,
but I still haven't finished
showing you late autumn photos
I have taken.
I'm almost done, so you can expect some
winter wonderland photos sometime soon...
if I can get out there and get some!
In October, our newly-formed local photography club
went out on a field trip to one of my favorite places to get photos.
I have featured Canyon Falls on my blog before.
Today, here is Part ONE of the pictures I took out there that day.
Although the leaves were all off the trees, we had a really nice warm and sunny day to go there.
As you make your way down the river, the closer and closer you come
to the falls, the more of a canyon the river has cut into the hills.
I love these rock walls:
And the falls were throwing up a terrific mist
that the sunbeams captured:
Like roaring root beer!:
(Oh great, now I have made myself hungry!)
A shot of the beautiful falls with a slower shutter speed:
At the end of the falls, there is a little fence.
Which must mean to stop there.
But you know ME....
I had to keep climbing the rocks to get farther downstream!
I am SO glad I did...because some of the best pictures
were beyond the usual hiking path to the falls.
The rocky cliffs here on the river look more like Colorado
Suddenly, I have the urge to to
I think I want to live.
I have lots more photos to share with you
on my next blogpost...
But here is one last shot.
We saw this CAVE on the hike to
I was afraid to imagine what might live in there!:
I wasn't about to go IN THERE
to wake anything up that was beginning its winter slumber...
Don't forget to enter the FREE PHOTO CONTEST!!
theme this month is:
Send me your winning photo no later than midnight, Dec. 31st, 2010
- The Retired One
- I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!
- ► 2012 (91)
- ► 2011 (187)
- Bluejays on Ice!
- More Winter Wonderland!
- Happy Holidays to all of you!!
- Winter Wonderland
- Out in the Autumn Woods, the last post for Autumn ...
- Part TWO: Canyon Falls in Late Autumn
- We have a WINNER!....of the November's FREE PHOTO ...
- Part One: Canyon Falls; Late Autumn, Before the S...
- Raccoon! ( A story, but Scary, so not for Children...
- Cedar Waxwings!!
- MORE Dumb State Laws: Next: MARYLAND and MASSACHUS...
- Foggy Lake
- The McCormick Trail
- Remind Me NOT to Hail a Taxi in England....
- SEVEN Swans a Swimming......(well, Ok...TWO then!)...
- HERE They Are!! November's FREE PHOTO CONTEST Entr...
- ▼ December (17)
- ► 2009 (298)