Thursday, January 15, 2009
Who Needs a Dozen Roses?........
There I was laying on the couch, wrapped like a mummy in my two favorite couch afghans....teeth chattering HARD (damn this flu!).
I mean I had goosebumps on top of my goosebumps.
The couch sits right in front of our fireplace (with a blower) and I was STILL cold.
My husband was trying to cuddle with me to chase away the chills....it helped. But it only staved off the chills enough that my muscles could unclench about 50 percent.
It was time to go to bed...my eyes were glazing over and it was late.
But I was dreading unwrapping from the semi-warmth surrounding me and having to climb into the icey sheets and getting the chills all over again.
He got up and said: "Time for Bed." Followed by: "Stay here, honey...just wait a minute."
Now, at this point, I am thinking: "Oh Lord!" "He can't possibly be thinking of getting a little sumpin' -sumpin' can he? "You have GOT to be kidding!"
I mean, I am SICK for God's sake!!!! Hasn't he heard me hacking up my lungs? Hasn't he seen the mountain of kleenex? The red nose? Felt me shivering?"
I hear him rustling in the bedroom.
Then, he says: "Ok...c'mon in....It's ready for you!"
Cute, honey.....really cute. I mean, I am half dead, for Chrissake.
I stagger in, still dizzy from my medicine-head.
He's in bed.
"I rolled all over the bedsheets and layed in your spot so it would warm up for you so you wouldn't have to get any colder climbing into bed. I hope it helped! C'mon in, honey and I will cuddle against your back to help keep you warm so you can sleep better." "I hope you feel better tomorrow." "Love ya!"
God, I love this man.
- The Retired One
- I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!
- ► 2012 (91)
- ► 2011 (187)
- ► 2010 (230)
- Super Bowl Eve!
- First Burger King and Now: Domino's????
- I am Blessed!
- Noblesse Oblige !!
- I'm (NOT) Going Postal!
- Don't Ya Just Love Your Local Newspaper?
- Japan Gets It !!!
- You Know You've Got Winter Cabin Fever if:
- Burger King's New Burger: "The Angry Burger": Are ...
- I Have Been Truly Blessed!!
- UGH! I am Frustrated!
- What would Freud Say????
- My First!!!!!
- It Must Be the Aliens..........
- Who Needs a Dozen Roses?........
- Oh, Just Kill Me and Get it Over With
- The Ten Top Things Not to Do When in the Tropics
- ▼ January (20)