LIKE MY BLOG? Click below on "FOLLOW" and add yourself to the list of my followers!

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION
All pictures (and blogposts) are copyrighted and may not be reproduced/used in any manner without my PRIOR approval. Thank you for respecting my hard work.

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Who Needs a Dozen Roses?........


So....
There I was laying on the couch, wrapped like a mummy in my two favorite couch afghans....teeth chattering HARD (damn this flu!).

I mean I had goosebumps on top of my goosebumps.

The couch sits right in front of our fireplace (with a blower) and I was STILL cold.

My husband was trying to cuddle with me to chase away the chills....it helped. But it only staved off the chills enough that my muscles could unclench about 50 percent.

It was time to go to bed...my eyes were glazing over and it was late.

But I was dreading unwrapping from the semi-warmth surrounding me and having to climb into the icey sheets and getting the chills all over again.


He got up and said: "Time for Bed." Followed by: "Stay here, honey...just wait a minute."

Now, at this point, I am thinking: "Oh Lord!" "He can't possibly be thinking of getting a little sumpin' -sumpin' can he? "You have GOT to be kidding!"

I mean, I am SICK for God's sake!!!! Hasn't he heard me hacking up my lungs? Hasn't he seen the mountain of kleenex? The red nose? Felt me shivering?"

I hear him rustling in the bedroom.

Then, he says: "Ok...c'mon in....It's ready for you!"

Cute, honey.....really cute. I mean, I am half dead, for Chrissake.

I stagger in, still dizzy from my medicine-head.

He's in bed.

Smiling.

And then,

he........

says........................................................

"I rolled all over the bedsheets and layed in your spot so it would warm up for you so you wouldn't have to get any colder climbing into bed. I hope it helped! C'mon in, honey and I will cuddle against your back to help keep you warm so you can sleep better." "I hope you feel better tomorrow." "Love ya!"

God, I love this man.

6 comments:

Aria said...

That is far and away the sweetest, most thoughtful thing I have ever heard of a man doing any time anywhere...EVER. Forgive me, woman, I think I just developed a mini-crush on your man. Can you at least have your man call my man? Maybe yours can break it down to mine in that Man-Code speak they have... you know the one that sounds to women like tools and cars and electronics discussions, but to men, it imparts the secrets of the universe...

Anonymous said...

awww such a great hubby. hope you feel better!

The Retired One said...

Aria, I agree....I can't tell you the times my girlfriends have asked if he has a brother. ha Hell, even some of them have asked if he has a sister. I am blessed............

Sara said...

Your husband is so thoughtful and sweet. I hope you feel better!

Sara said...

I am back, I just wanted to say thank you. I was showing my husband your site tonight, and he read this post. I think he learned from your husband, becasue out of the blue I got a nice back rub, so thank you! Also, I wanted to let you know that there is an award for you.
http://www.thebreathingpost.com/
Have a great day!

The Retired One said...

I am doing the Happy Dance,Sara...thanks so much for the award...I will probably have to email you later to find out how to proceed. I am new to the award stuff, so you may have to walk me thru it. Thanks SO much for the honor...my first one, too!!!
You MADE my day!!!! LOL

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.
Please do not copy any of my photographs (or narratives) without my permission! All pictures will be tracked for copyright violations.

Lijit Search

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About Me

My photo
I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!

Blog Archive

ultimate translation selector

To get more traffic to your blog: