LIKE MY BLOG? Click below on "FOLLOW" and add yourself to the list of my followers!
Friday, May 11, 2012
Muskrat Love and Snow and Ice....
We were drving down the highway one winter day
and I spotted something low to the ground
running it's little legs as fast as it could.
I had no idea at that time what aminal it was!
Of course, I had my hubby pull over to the side of the road
(Luckily there was no other cars behind us!)
He is used to me yelling at a moment's notice: "HONEY!! STOP the car!
so I can get out and take a photo of something that strikes my fancy.
He had seen it too...we were guessing
as we were trying to get the car off the road without killing ourselves what the heck it might be.
As soon as we got closer, we both exclaimed at the same time:
He was waddling down the side of the highway as fast as he could as I was running behind him tryng to get a good picture.
I was careful not to scare him and stopped when he stopped. We have seen them before, but not that close.
I was amazed at the length of his tail!:
Several cars went by. (Probably saying to themselves: "look at that crazy lady chasing a muskrat! I'm going to post this on Facebook for sure!)
I was afraid he was going to run ON the highway, but luckily
he finally climbed the snowbank
and ran to the woods.
But I was so glad we saw him and that I got some shots of him before he disappeared.
So, then I calmed down...
and took some "normal" winter shots.
I was also surprised to see an oak leaf on TOP of the snow.
That little guy must have hung on to its Mother Tree as hard as he could
until Nature decided he better let go.
I just love going in the woods in the winter and listening to the quiet.
I was surprised to see a river with open water...usually they all freeze over.
But our winter was weird this past year, much warmer than usual.
Snow and ice on the rock cliff beside a frozen waterfall:
We wondered what left THESE tracks in the snow...
Part of the fun of going out to take photos (during any season)
is never knowing WHAT you are going to see....
alive or not....
REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.
- The Retired One
- I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!
- Spring break up in the U.P.!!
- Beautiful Spring Here, but the Pictures are from M...
- We have a WINNER for April 2012's FREE PHOTO CONTE...
- Winter Trucks, Farms, Rivers, Ice and Ducks!
- Birds and Winter Scenes Continue!
- Muskrat Love and Snow and Ice....
- More Lake Superior and River Photos from this Winter!
- Beautiful Ice on Lake Superior Shores!
- Chill in the air!
- Here they Are!: April's FREE PHOTO CONTEST entries...
- More November Photos from the U.P. of Michigan!
- ▼ May (11)
- ► 2011 (187)
- ► 2010 (230)
- ► 2009 (298)