1. Caesar salad has nothing to do with any of the Caesar. It was first concocted in a bar in Tijuana, Mexico, in the 1920's.
A bar? Did I say a BAR???? Good grief, I would have concocted a drink with that name! And people would be a LOT happier drinking it than eating a boring salad. Et Tu, Brutus!
2. A raisin dropped in a glass of fresh champagne will bounce up and down continually from the bottom of the glass to the top.
I know you are going to buy a big bottle of the bubbly to try this, aren't you? I know I am! I heard before that if your champagne goes flat, if you add a raisan it will get its bubbles back too. So here's to you (glasses clicking)..and Me (hic!)...if we try it and it doesn't work, then we can drink our sorrows away together. Geez, I just noticed that No. 1 and No. 2 of this Useless Tidbits list involves alcohol already. Maybe I am on a roll....
3. Celery has negative calories! It takes more calories to eat a piece of celery than the celery has in it to begin with.
But, who wants to eat it? Although if I ate celery all day long I could "bank up" about 300 calories and go have a milkshake..this might work for me. Or, I could have that bottle of bubbly without guilt and use the strings from the celery as dental floss to clean out my teeth. (See? I KNEW I could work in alcohol into Tidbit #3!!)
4. You burn more calories sleeping than you do watching television.
That's IT!! I am going to publish the new diet for the world and become filthy rich! The Eat Celery all night and then go to Bed Diet"!!! Wanna join me in the Bahamas after I make a shitload of money from it? Who wants to be my first control group??
5. The two longest one-syllable words in the English language is "screeched & strengths."
I know you. You are going to go to your dictionary and go word by word to see if this is correct. I don't blame you. I hope I will still be blogging when you leave a comment to tell me this is wrong or right. Of course, now that they are making up new words at a fast pace, by then, there may be a new word that beats them.
6. Barbie's measurements if she were life size: 39-23-33.
Is that before her boob job, or after? She is going to have to buy all her clothes from Fredrick's of Hollywood to make sure her tops fit and then buy her pants in the boy's department for her narrow hips.
7. Barbie's full first name is Barbara Millicent Roberts.
Her mother was very, very cruel. She showed HER....she runs around naked now with her hair all cut up from all those little girls that sheared her off and hanging around the gutters of messy closets (doing who-knows-what) with Ken. Note to self: it is very important to name your children so that they have no trauma from it.
8. All of the clocks in Pulp Fiction are stuck on 4:20.
Someone look this up for us and tell us why the Producer/Director did this? Because I am WAY too lazy. I just watched Pulp Fiction for the John Travolta eye candy....like most women did. (You mean there was a plot? With symbolism? Who knew???)
9. A coat hanger is 44 inches long if straightened.
Just in case you wanted to make a back of your calf scratcher or something. And why didn't they make them 43 inches or 45 inches?? Why? Oh Lord, WHY????? And who took the time to measure this? Why did they need to?
10. "Dreamt" is the only English word that ends in the letters "mt".
Ah hell, you might as well look this up at the same time you look up what words are the longest one-syllable words in there. Here I thought there was the word: pimt (as in what a prostitute is by their pimp). Or humt (what my sock is from the chiquaqua...or wait..that is humped)....sorry....I bet my computer spell check wouldn't have corrected THAT ONE! But you know, with all that texting going on, the dictionary is going to change..you just wait and see!!