LIKE MY BLOG? Click below on "FOLLOW" and add yourself to the list of my followers!

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION
All pictures (and blogposts) are copyrighted and may not be reproduced/used in any manner without my PRIOR approval. Thank you for respecting my hard work.

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Useless Facts and Trivia: Volume 2

Here is the next installment of Useless Facts and trivia( from an article called "Absolutely Useless Trivia",) along with some of MY THOUGHTS: (my thoughts are in italics):


1. 315 entries in Webster's 1996 Dictionary were misspelled.
(Who could prove that, with no correct dictionary to check?)


2. During the chariot scene in 'Ben Hur' a small red car can be seen in the distance. (Crap, now I gotta watch the whole 3+ hour movie and search for it!)




3. On average, 12 newborns will be given to the wrong parents daily.
(Parents of ugly babies also pay the hospital to do this. So, the stats. are probably incorrect, because they didn't factor this in.)



4. John Wilkes Booth's brother once saved the life of Abraham Lincoln's son.
(Now, how is THAT for Karma?)







5. Warren Beatty and Shirley MacLaine are brother and sister.
(God, didn't they date once? EWWwwwwww)



6. Chocolate kills dogs! Chocolate affects a dog's heart and nervous system. A few ounces is enough to kill a small sized dog.
(Please remember this at Easter, folks. And, all those men you date that are dogs? Well, go ahead and test the theory. What have you got to lose?)




7. Daniel Boone detested coonskin caps.
(I KNEW he was a Vegan.) (Or he was gay and into fashion?)(He preferred a different kind of tail).






8. Playing cards were issued to British pilots in WWII. If they were captured, the cards could be soaked in water and unfolded to reveal a map for escape.
(I know. I bet their favorite game was "War"? Or maybe "Go fish?"...or if thrown into solitary confinement: "Solitaire"? )



9. Most lipstick contains fish scales.
(You know how a fish moves his lips into a pucker?...puts a whole new meaning to "pucker up"!)







10. Dr. Seuss actually pronounced Seuss such that it sounded like Sue-ice.
(Oh, wasn't he just full of himself. La-Tee-Dah !!! Yeah, and Green Eggs and Ham" was really supposed to be pronounced: Green-ice Egg-ice and Ham-ice).
Yep, this is an actual picture of Dr. Seuss (I mean: Sue-ICE) !!

14 comments:

J.J. in L.A. said...

I like #6 but I'm out of the dating pool. I'll have to remember this if that ever changes. ; )

Rick (Ratty) said...

Interesting stuff! I've actually heard some of these before, even the lipstick one. I also heard that the red color in most food, which includes things like pop and candy, comes from a South American beetle. That's maybe not 100% accurate, but it's pretty close.

Loree said...

NOw that's interesting about the lipstick...no wonder sometimes they taste so bad. Kind of makes sense now :)

The Retired One said...

JJ: Yeah..with the new April Fool's ring and all...ha

Ratty: Eeewwww..from beetles? Now that would help with all the dieters out there.

Loree: They do sometimes taste bad don't they? But I still like lipstick!

Unknown said...

Always knew Shirly and Warren were siblings and they never dated, who told you that?

rainfield61 said...

The number 8 sounds like zero zero seven.

The Retired One said...

Gaston: Was just kidding. But who knows...this could have been written in the Enquirer!!!

Rainfield61: Good old Double-0-Seven...or McGuyver! ha

Ann said...

I love trivia. thanks for sharing.

pehpot said...

@7, I think he was gay and he wants a longer tail LOL

Mommy Blog
Blogging Tips

The Retired One said...

Pehpot: Ok...let's not go THERE. ha!

Fran Hill said...

Ah, the lipstick/fish scales thing explains why when I layer on the lippy then go fishing I get approached by carp and asked out on a date. I was wondering why.

The Retired One said...

Fran: Oh Crap...I mean carp! ha

jessica said...

I agree with Gaston Studio. I think both Warren and Shirley were too busy doing - er, DATING other people to mess with each other. They are certainly unique in their own rights, and just goes to show you that we cannot pick our family members! (No, that was NOT intended as a slam, just an observation on the Beatty/MacLaine family.)

The Retired One said...

Jessica: It was a JOKE, Gaston and Jessica...a JOKE. (Boy, guess I won't joke around about incest anymore. It just isn't funny!) ha

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.
Please do not copy any of my photographs (or narratives) without my permission! All pictures will be tracked for copyright violations.

Lijit Search

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About Me

My photo
I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!

Blog Archive

ultimate translation selector

To get more traffic to your blog: