LIKE MY BLOG? Click below on "FOLLOW" and add yourself to the list of my followers!

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION
All pictures (and blogposts) are copyrighted and may not be reproduced/used in any manner without my PRIOR approval. Thank you for respecting my hard work.

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Friends and Awards!!

J.J. from J.J. in L.A. bestowed The Friendship Award to me yesterday!:




"The Friendship Award is given to blogs that are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers.



The winners must choose at least 5 more blogs that embody the feeling of friendship, and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.”



Thanks so much, J.J. !! Please stop by her blog! Her narratives are interesting, she has a great sense of humor and just the right kind of sarcasm (which I love!) to keep you entertained and smiling!



Since I have been blessed with quite a few awards over the last few months, I will name the first 5 blogs on the blog list that I read everyday. If I am lucky enough to get another award, I will list the next five, etc. They are listed in alphabetical order, so if your blog starts with a Z, I guess you will be waiting a while. (ha!) I think it is the best way for me to make sure I recognize all of the bloggers out there that I have been enjoying reading! So, to date, this is the first five on my list of blogs that I read:


1. June Saville at 70 Plus and Still Kicking. I don't know if she accepts awards, because I don't see any posted on her sight, but she deserves some more readers to stop by and check out her blog. She is an accomplished writer (make sure you read her profile and her other blog) from Australia. I know you will love her writing! (And I don't know why blogspot lists it as one of the first blogs alphabetically, it should be in the "S's" for Seventy, right?)


2. Heather, at "A Mouthy Irish Woman". I also think she does not display awards or participate in all of the blogger awards, but she is entertaining and worth a shout-out. Stop by her blog and read some of her past posts, too. She can be really funny!


3. A New England Life is another one of those beautiful photography blogs that I love so much. Again, I don't know if she accepts awards or participates in passing them on, but if you want some serene or interesting photography to see every day or so, she is very talented and a wonderful blog to visit.


4. Ann, at A Nice Place in the Sun, is another blog I check out on a frequent basis. She has funny and sentimental posts. She has been in a sad mood lately....so I hope this award cheers her up! Stop by her blog and say hi to her!


5. Insanity Kim at A Parent's Life to Behold is an absolute riot. If you are one of the few in the world who have never stopped by to read her....well, I am amazed and you need to stop what you are doing (but read my blog first please!) and go directly to her blog and laugh your butts off. It is about dang time that I gave her another award, no? Oh, by the way...she is a great commentor to the blogs too!


If I get anymore awards, the next 5 of you on my reading list will be next!!!


Once again, J.J. : thanks so much for the Friendship Award...what a terrific way that you made my weekend wonderful!!


I also have another post today, so if you haven't read it yet, please find it and enjoy!!!

13 comments:

Insanitykim said...

*SOB*

Thank you!

I seriously need to get this award on and some others I have to give out to deserving blogs (be prepared)!

Thank you for the kind words and the plug! I remember when I found your blog all those months ago and laughed so hard (it was the lingerie post) thinking, man, this woman is hysterical!! Bloggy friends 'til the end!! :)

Loree said...

Congrats on all your awards.

The Retired One said...

Insanity Kim: Yes, you were one of my first followers, and I thank you for that!!! I have always been glad to have found your blog, too!

Loree: Thanks!!!

The Retired One said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
June Saville said...

G'day again - and thanks so much for the kind words you spoke about 70 Plus and Still Kicking, and for the award. I'm thrilled that you drop by every day.

You're right - I don't do awards. However I do enjoy recognition, of course. It's just that awards were taking up so much of my valuable writing time.

By the way you might enjoy reading my literary blog Journeys in Creative Writing. It's full of short stories and poetry and I've just posted the final episode of my mystery novel.

It's called 'Paternity' and it's the story of a feisty young Aussie journalist on a quest to find the identity of her father ...
I'd love to know what you think.

Cheers and thanks again
June in Oz

June Saville said...

By the way it's likely that 70 Plus and Still Kicking is under a section for numbers?
June

The Retired One said...

June: I follow both of your blogs and gave regular feedback about Pip. Remember? I was the first to guess who Pip's real father was! It's ok that you don't "do" the awards, because they do take some time to do. I just wanted to make sure others saw your blog so that you get some readers to your fun Aussy writing!

Unknown said...

Congrats on the award, it sounds most deserving!

By the way, I left a comment to you on my blog this a.m. as I must not have made it clear that it dealt with a time in the late 80s and not now! I'm 68 so there is no 18 year old in my life anymore!

The Retired One said...

Gaston: Thanks!! I will go check out your comment on your blog today! I read all of the updates earlier today, but maybe you posted after I read them.

aniceplaceinthesun.blogspot.com said...

You were right, your award nomination has cheered me up- a whole bunch. :))))

Thank you for thinking of me, and for the compliment. And congratulations to you as well, for your well deserved nomination.

I adore this award, and cannot wait to pass it along. I've been blessed with many awards lately too, but believe me, I will pass it along.

I'm grateful for your friendship as well as the award. Friendship is by far the most glorious gift on earth.

Thanks again,

Annie

P.S. I hope I didn't scare you with my dreary post. Sometime, I'm not sure what words will leap from my fingertips and dash across the keyboard. :))

Now, that's a scary thought, isn't it?

The Retired One said...

Annie: I am so glad getting the award has helped you. You didn't scare me with your posts...we can't be funny or "up" all the time..you are only human. What is so neat about the blogging world that no matter what mood we are in and that we share, all of us have "been there" and can empathize or relate.
The best to you and enjoy your award. I hope it brings some more readers your way!

A New England Life said...

Thank you so much for the kind words Retired One : )

I have to confess I have very little time for blogging these days so I'm not good about picking up awards. My apologies.

You have a wonderful blog though! Gives me a snicker. Thank you again for thinking of me!

The Retired One said...

New England: YOu are so welcome. I love checking your blog every day to see what wonderful pictures you have posted.

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.
Please do not copy any of my photographs (or narratives) without my permission! All pictures will be tracked for copyright violations.

Lijit Search

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About Me

My photo
I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!

Blog Archive

ultimate translation selector

To get more traffic to your blog: