Sunday, March 25, 2012
Mexico Adventure: Part TEN: birds and flowers
Since retiring and especially since getting into photography,
I have become a birdwatcher.
It doesn't stop when you go on vacation.
In fact, I get even MORE excited to see birds elsewhere...
but I am never sure if the birds there are the same breed as what I know.
I still take photos of them if I find them.
Same with flowers. I NEVER know the names of flowers elsewhere.
Sometimes I ask the locals, sometimes I can't find out.
if you know the names of any of these birds or flowers for certain, leave it in a comment
for us, will you?
This LOOKED like a Baltimore Oriole:
I told him I wondered where he flew south...and that his secret was safe with me.
One of the locals told us this bush and flowers was called a Flamboyant plant.
Here is a closeup of the flowers!:
More Flamboyant flowers:
These looked like Azaleas?:
I was so thrilled to see Hummingbirds in February!:
With nearly everyone getting an "early" spring this year...
I hope you are getting your spring birds at your doorstep
and that your flowers are sprouting.
It has been incredible here in the U.P.!
We NEVER have had this warm of a spring for my entire life. In fact, we often say it is common to get a St. Patrick's Day blizzard and one or two snowfalls in April yet...
but we have been blessed with 70's and even a few days in the 80's F. degree temps.!
But, by the time you read this, we are expected to drop more down into the normal temps. for us this time of year...which is 40's and 50's. We are all betting that we will again see white snowflakes before REAL spring arrives...I hope we are wrong!
- The Retired One
- I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!
- Mexico Adventure: Part Eleven: Whale Watching!!!: ...
- Mexico Adventure: Part Eleven: Beach Vendors and G...
- Mexico Adventure: Part TEN: birds and flowers
- Mexico Adventure: Part NINE: More Land's End rock...
- Mexico Adventure: Part EIGHT: Rock Formations at L...
- Mexico Adventure: Part Seven! : Horses on the Beach!
- Nope, I'm NOT Irish, but Happy St. Patrick's Day A...
- Mexico Adventure: Part SIX: Super Yacht!
- Mexico Adventure: Part FIVE
- Mexico Adventure: Part Four
- Mexico Adventure: Part THREE
- NEW RE- REPOST: Here They Are!: February 2012's F...
- Mexico Adventure!: Part TWO: Beach, pools and Cacti!
- Mexico: Come travel with me!! : PART ONE
- We have a WINNER: January 2012 FREE PHOTO CONTEST:...
- ▼ March (15)
- ► 2011 (187)
- ► 2010 (230)
- ► 2009 (298)