Saturday, November 13, 2010
Today I have a hodgepodge of photos
that I took as autumn began to unfold here in the U.P.
We came upon this pretty little waterfalls tucked into the woods:
A log driftwood facing Lake Superior:
I saw this awesome piece of driftwood!
Do you SEE what I see??? LOOK CLOSE:
(Did you see it? The child that is wrapped into the arms of the driftwood in the center?)
Maybe this will help:
(Isn't that AMAZING???)
We often see Eagles flying over our lake.
But this summer we didn't see as many.
But we do see them sometimes on the highway, right next to "roadkill".
Look at this one's wingspan!:
This is a bit blurry as I was shooting him on the wing, but I just think they are amazing birds:
Here he is on a tree beside the highway!:
We often go past a little pond on our way to town.
I love this little pond.
I always look for wildlife on the pond, just in case I can jump out and grab a photo.
I haven't seen ONE living critter on it. LOL
But, a few times a year, it gets this amazing mist hovering over it when the air is colder than the water,
before it freezes over or in the spring when it is thawing....
So, I was so happy one morning on my way to an appointment
to see THIS:
YOU get to have something today
that you have been waiting for....
Patience is a virtue.
Sometimes it pays off............................
- The Retired One
- I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!
- ► 2012 (91)
- ► 2011 (187)
- Big Splashes!
- Deer, Roots and Woods!
- Sturgeon River Gorge and some ducks!
- Sunrise, Sunset...and a Deer and Barn! A kalideosc...
- Rainbows, Bees, Butterflies and Flowers
- Lake Superior Rocks!
- Autumn Ponds, Woods and a Turtle!
- Duck,duck, Goose and EAGLE!!
- Today I have a hodgepodge of photosthat I took as ...
- We have a Winner!!! October's FREE PHOTO CONTEST t...
- Autumn Beauty and Canada Jays!
- Coast Guard Station, Presque Isle and Marquette, ...
- More This and that from the Woods...
- YES!..another Bullwinkle!!
- A Glimpse of Nature's Color at it's Finest. Oh, an...
- Here They Are!! October's FREE PHOTO CONTEST Entr...
- ▼ November (16)
- ► 2009 (298)