Sunday, November 21, 2010
Rainbows, Bees, Butterflies and Flowers
Before we got snow here
(and YES we got snow!!)
some shots that I haven't shared with you yet.
here we go-----
It was late on an autumn night, on the way home from a wedding. I looked in
my REARVIEW mirror....
I almost missed them...a double rainbow and I just
HAPPENED to see it
my rearview mirror.
Which goes to show you,
sometimes it DOES help
to look in your past.
Of course, I
screeched on my brakes slowed down and pulled over to the side of the road
(because yes I was driving)
put it in park
(thank goodness I remembered to do THAT)
The sun was setting, the sun was setting!
The bright sun on the colored leaves was stunning...
and then the rainbow added???
I have NO DOUBT
this is part of what Heaven will look like
if I ever make it there .
All my garden flowers died
for my Mums.
So I went out one sunny day
some shots of them.
they were FULL of bees
white butterflies (or moths?)
I was one
terrified happy woman!
If that wasn't enough...
I saw this little bee
I hope you enjoyed the last part of my autumn pictures
and of my flowers (which are all wilted now and dead). Sigh.
But I will be waiting for spring to come, and for them to start all over again.
That is what life is all about.
Memories and anticipation!
- The Retired One
- I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!
- ► 2012 (91)
- ► 2011 (187)
- Big Splashes!
- Deer, Roots and Woods!
- Sturgeon River Gorge and some ducks!
- Sunrise, Sunset...and a Deer and Barn! A kalideosc...
- Rainbows, Bees, Butterflies and Flowers
- Lake Superior Rocks!
- Autumn Ponds, Woods and a Turtle!
- Duck,duck, Goose and EAGLE!!
- Today I have a hodgepodge of photosthat I took as ...
- We have a Winner!!! October's FREE PHOTO CONTEST t...
- Autumn Beauty and Canada Jays!
- Coast Guard Station, Presque Isle and Marquette, ...
- More This and that from the Woods...
- YES!..another Bullwinkle!!
- A Glimpse of Nature's Color at it's Finest. Oh, an...
- Here They Are!! October's FREE PHOTO CONTEST Entr...
- ▼ November (16)
- ► 2009 (298)