Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Autumn Ponds, Woods and a Turtle!
Although all the leaves have fallen here already,
I still have some pictures of our autumn
that I haven't shared with you yet.
I guess I just didn't want to give up the season's marvelous fall color
so I took about a zillion photos of it.
Lakes, roads and little ponds that are full of the yellows, golds and oranges
of the season are the ones that always capture my heart.
This is the left shoreline of a little lake up here called "King Lake":
This was one of my favorite ponds. It sits just over a knoll beside the highway on the way to a town called "L'Anse":
You can see why I loved it. Full of reflection of the trees, both dead and alive:
I loved the old floating dead logs in this pond, which was out in the middle of nowhere
in the woods:
We always look for ducks or geese on these ponds and often see them..but none were there the day we shot these pictures:
One morning I couldn't sleep and got up and outside for sunrise.
This is down on our Lake Michigamme beside our pontoon that morning:
I was surprised to see a turtle on a log on one of the ponds this late in the year.
If you look close, you'll see a leaf on his back~:
(I loved that gnarly piece of wood the turtle is on, too. Don't you?)
And, of course, I couldn't NOT take another winding fall road....this time in a yellow wood:
I hope today, that you find something to enjoy
that fascinates you
and pleases you
and makes you smile
like I did that day....
- The Retired One
- I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!
- ► 2012 (91)
- ► 2011 (187)
- Big Splashes!
- Deer, Roots and Woods!
- Sturgeon River Gorge and some ducks!
- Sunrise, Sunset...and a Deer and Barn! A kalideosc...
- Rainbows, Bees, Butterflies and Flowers
- Lake Superior Rocks!
- Autumn Ponds, Woods and a Turtle!
- Duck,duck, Goose and EAGLE!!
- Today I have a hodgepodge of photosthat I took as ...
- We have a Winner!!! October's FREE PHOTO CONTEST t...
- Autumn Beauty and Canada Jays!
- Coast Guard Station, Presque Isle and Marquette, ...
- More This and that from the Woods...
- YES!..another Bullwinkle!!
- A Glimpse of Nature's Color at it's Finest. Oh, an...
- Here They Are!! October's FREE PHOTO CONTEST Entr...
- ▼ November (16)
- ► 2009 (298)