Tuesday, November 9, 2010
Coast Guard Station, Presque Isle and Marquette, Michigan Photos
I have always
totally in love with
I am lucky enough to live within 45 minutes of it in one direction
35 minutes in another direction.
I have lived in Marquette, Michigan
several times in my life, off and on.
Now, I live near there so I can visit whenever the longing for the Great Lakes
gets to me...
which usually is every month or so.
So, today, I thought I would show you some pictures
I took earlier this fall, just as the leaves were beginning to change
Everyone that visits Marquette quickly becomes aware of it's Presque Isle
which is a little peninsula perserved for the public
that juts out into the lake
and is a beautiful place to drive around and hike in.
This is the lighthouse there and the breakwater:
And probably the most photographed building in Marquette, the Coast Guard Station:
And, you can see WHY, right?
Big ore boats come in to pick up iron ore at the ore docks.
This photo is of some oredocks that
no longer are used...
the town is trying to figure out what to do with them.
One entrepeuner wanted to put a restaurant
on the top of them, but the city denied them...
so ideas are still being thought of for this wondrous structure:
Another view of the lighthouse, by the croppings of rock:
Loved this little seagull with one leg:
There are lots of spots like this all along Presque Isle's Lake Superior with rocky cliffs:
If you ever get the chance to come and vacation
anywhere in the Upper Peninsula (U.P.) of Michigan,
please make an effort to do so....
it is full of nature and beauty and wonderful, sincere, honest folks who love tourists...
and make Marquette one of your prime spots to visit!!
Oh, and if you DO come here? Please let me know!
We will meet and have coffee overlooking some of these wonderful sights!
Remember to enter the FREE PHOTO CONTEST!!
November's theme is:
Send me your photo following THESE RULES
before midnight on Nov. 30, 2010
- The Retired One
- I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!
- ► 2012 (91)
- ► 2011 (187)
- Big Splashes!
- Deer, Roots and Woods!
- Sturgeon River Gorge and some ducks!
- Sunrise, Sunset...and a Deer and Barn! A kalideosc...
- Rainbows, Bees, Butterflies and Flowers
- Lake Superior Rocks!
- Autumn Ponds, Woods and a Turtle!
- Duck,duck, Goose and EAGLE!!
- Today I have a hodgepodge of photosthat I took as ...
- We have a Winner!!! October's FREE PHOTO CONTEST t...
- Autumn Beauty and Canada Jays!
- Coast Guard Station, Presque Isle and Marquette, ...
- More This and that from the Woods...
- YES!..another Bullwinkle!!
- A Glimpse of Nature's Color at it's Finest. Oh, an...
- Here They Are!! October's FREE PHOTO CONTEST Entr...
- ▼ November (16)
- ► 2009 (298)