Saturday, May 5, 2012
Chill in the air!
I am still posting December 2011 photos for you today.
I love going down to Lake Superior to catch
how different it looks
in the winter.
If you look in the background, you can see the red Coast Guard Station
in Marquette Michigan.
It is one of the most photographed buildings in the area:
There are deer on Presque Isle in Marquette, Michigan.
I was taking a leisurely drive around the peninsula and saw this doe,
just munching on grass peeking up through the snow as I was driving by:
I loved this little "ice cap" on top of a rock on Lake Superior:
Even though the wind was howling and it was quite chilly out there by the lake,
I am always invigorated MORE by the beauty that even winter provides there
than the weather....
- The Retired One
- I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!
- Spring break up in the U.P.!!
- Beautiful Spring Here, but the Pictures are from M...
- We have a WINNER for April 2012's FREE PHOTO CONTE...
- Winter Trucks, Farms, Rivers, Ice and Ducks!
- Birds and Winter Scenes Continue!
- Muskrat Love and Snow and Ice....
- More Lake Superior and River Photos from this Wint...
- Beautiful Ice on Lake Superior Shores!
- Chill in the air!
- Here they Are!: April's FREE PHOTO CONTEST entries...
- More November Photos from the U.P. of Michigan!
- ▼ May (11)
- ► 2011 (187)
- ► 2010 (230)
- ► 2009 (298)