Thursday, October 27, 2011
Ask not for whom the Autumn calls, it calls for YOU!
today I am continuing my series on
the U.P. autumn photos
I have taken over the last four weeks.
My favorite thing to do is to find canopied old woods roads and travel down them
looking to capture shots of the colors:
Tied by my other favorite thing to do,
and that is to find photos of waterfalls.
I like to do waterfalls anytime of year,
but autumn makes them extra special, with colored banks
and leaves floating in the waters:
This photo was taken up at Copper Harbor.
I just loved the little bridge and cabin:
Looking out from Copper Harbor towards Lake Superior through those little islands:
Rivers full of rocks, boulders and leaves!:
One bright red leaf in the pile of dead leaves!:
Amazingly in this spot, although every thing else turned color, the green ferns were still green!:
Love creeks, rivers and babbling brooks full of autumn:
Join me again next time for more shots of the north in color!
- The Retired One
- I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!
- ► 2012 (91)
- Happy Halloween!!!! Your treat? : This and that ...
- Eagle Rock Lighthouse
- Ask not for whom the Autumn calls, it calls for YO...
- Mouth of the Huron River on Lake Superior!
- Point Abbaye in the Upper Peninsula (U.P.) of Mich...
- Autumn in the U.P.: Brockway Mountain !!
- We have a Winner!: Sept. 2011 Free Photo Contest: ...
- Goat's Beard? and Other Garden Flowers back in Sum...
- A Late Summer Garden: Part FIVE
- Foxglove and Crazy Daisies!!
- A Late Summer Garden: Part FOUR (oh, and a visitor...
- Revisiting a Late Summer Garden: Part THREE
- RE-REVISED: Here they Are: September 2011's FREE P...
- Revisiting a Late Summer Garden: Part TWO
- Fabulous Waves against the Presque Isle breakwater...
- ▼ October (16)
- ► 2010 (230)
- ► 2009 (298)