Thursday, September 29, 2011
Revisiting a Late Summer Garden: Part ONE
I know it is autumn. And here...the leaves are FANTASTIC right now.
IN fact, as you are reading this, I am probably out running around like a crazy woman
in our back woods to capture photos for you.
So, while I am away from my computer,
today, I decided to post some pictures for you
of a nearby garden that I frequent.
It is run by two men and it grows every year.
They only charge $5.00 a CARLOAD to come and look and meander around their gardens
and it is well worth every penny.
It seems like you can go there every two weeks and see completely new plants and flowers
I went there in late summer,
and caught some gorgeous flowers.
So, for the next few days, I am going to treat you with some views of this gorgeous place.
I completely fell in love with these crazy daisies:
Yellow flowers just uplift my spirits.
How about you?:
And those of you that know me well...know how passionately I feel about Iris's!:
They have such interesting "other things" stewn throughout their gardens too...
I loved these river rocks put on old metal candle stands....
and I just had to make this shot in black and white too!:
I don't know WHERE they got these fantastic benches...but does anyone want to help me steal them
in the middle of the night? We need a big van and lots of muscles....(LOL):
More rocks in black and white....I love how the water dripping on some made those holes!:
Stay tuned for more shots of this incredible garden and its everchanging flowers....
are dangerously close to the DEADLINE
for the Sept. FREE PHOTO CONTEST!!!
photo into me no later than midnight on Sept. 30th, 2011
You don't have to be a Blogger to enter!
- The Retired One
- I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!
- ► 2012 (91)
- Revisiting a Late Summer Garden: Part ONE
- Wild Cala Lilies, wild flower bushes, and Water Li...
- This and That from the Woods, Part TWO
- We have a WINNER!!!: August's FREE PHOTO CONTEST: ...
- This and That from the Woods...
- Butterflies, moths, flowers, ducks and turtles!!
- Ribbit, ribbit.................
- All About Flags...Part TWO
- REVISED: Here They Are!! August's Free PHOTO Conte...
- All about Flags.............
- A Summer Trip out into the Wilderness: Part FOUR
- A Summer Trip out into the Wilderness: Part THREE
- A Summer trip out into the Wilderness: Part TWO......
- A Summer trip out into the Wilderness: Part ONE......
- ▼ September (15)
- ► 2010 (230)
- ► 2009 (298)