Thursday, September 22, 2011
This and That from the Woods...
From Spring until Summer I love taking trips out in the woods
to find wildlife and the beauty of nature.
A muskrat hut:
Fresh, green pine tree growth:
Even Picker Bushes have beauty:
A RED dragonfly!:
River foam and bubbles on rocks:
I loved this stick, poking through the river foam!:
(It looked like it was wearing a river foam tutu!)
Rushing water over river rocks:
I hope you were able to get outside this summer to see some of these things for yourself...
if not...you still have autumn to embrace!
Our leaves are changing rapidly here and by next week I hope to get out almost every day with my camera to capture their beauty.
I hope you can get outside to breathe that crisp fall air, too!
Your spirit will thank you for it!
- The Retired One
- I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!
- ► 2012 (91)
- Revisiting a Late Summer Garden: Part ONE
- Wild Cala Lilies, wild flower bushes, and Water Li...
- This and That from the Woods, Part TWO
- We have a WINNER!!!: August's FREE PHOTO CONTEST: ...
- This and That from the Woods...
- Butterflies, moths, flowers, ducks and turtles!!
- Ribbit, ribbit.................
- All About Flags...Part TWO
- REVISED: Here They Are!! August's Free PHOTO Conte...
- All about Flags.............
- A Summer Trip out into the Wilderness: Part FOUR
- A Summer Trip out into the Wilderness: Part THREE
- A Summer trip out into the Wilderness: Part TWO...
- A Summer trip out into the Wilderness: Part ONE...
- ▼ September (15)
- ► 2010 (230)
- ► 2009 (298)