Sunday, September 4, 2011
A Summer trip out into the Wilderness: Part ONE...
There is nothing more that I like than going out to nowhere special in the woods
and just letting my instincts
tell me where to point my lens.
Today, I have a collection of early to mid-summer photos
I took out in the U.P. of Michigan wilderness
to share with you.
Wild flag iris:
There is an old abandoned railroad track about 15 miles from my house.
On both sides are wonderful bogs/beaver dams
where we often can spot ducks or herons or any kind of wildlife.
I like to call them "my secret ponds" as they are off a two wheeled road and it takes
a small hike to find them.
I loved seeing the flag iris along side of this old, fallen down
telephone line on the tracks there:
I love sneaking up on turtles and catching them before they jump in the water to hide:
A moment of intimacy between two dragonflies:
A beaver hut in the middle of the pond:
I loved that the beaver family had a garden of wild flag iris by their front door:
As we were walking down the railroad tracks, we saw this old rotten log
and lo and behold, a bird was nesting on it:
We are not sure what kind of bird it was.
Does anyone know?:
A cedar waxwing silouette:
I have several more pictures of that delightful hike
coming your way soon..
- The Retired One
- I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!
- ► 2012 (91)
- Revisiting a Late Summer Garden: Part ONE
- Wild Cala Lilies, wild flower bushes, and Water Li...
- This and That from the Woods, Part TWO
- We have a WINNER!!!: August's FREE PHOTO CONTEST: ...
- This and That from the Woods...
- Butterflies, moths, flowers, ducks and turtles!!
- Ribbit, ribbit.................
- All About Flags...Part TWO
- REVISED: Here They Are!! August's Free PHOTO Conte...
- All about Flags.............
- A Summer Trip out into the Wilderness: Part FOUR
- A Summer Trip out into the Wilderness: Part THREE
- A Summer trip out into the Wilderness: Part TWO......
- A Summer trip out into the Wilderness: Part ONE......
- ▼ September (15)
- ► 2010 (230)
- ► 2009 (298)