Monday, June 13, 2011
Spring Trip to the U.P. Woods!--Part Two
Now I am a happy woman....
the Spring runoff of melting snow is long past,
which means we can go out on the two rut roads
in the U.P.
and look for critters and Spring/early summer scenery.
Part of the thrill for me is never knowing what we will find
around the next corner.
I LOVE seeing Partridge, but they are very shy birds and hard to capture on camera! So when we saw this one on the edge of the road, I had to scramble (quietly!) out of the car to get a shot of him:
(Have you EVER had to scramble out of a car quietly??...it's an ART, I tell 'ya!!)
Does anyone know what kind of bird this is? Is it a tern? I have never seen one of these in our woods before:
Look at the SIZE of these prehistoric-looking rocks!! If I ever had any doubt that a glacier came down and formed our land, well....this is PROOF!!:
We sure have seen the Mallards this Spring!:
In May, these were the first wildflowers on the wood's floor that we spied...Trout Lilies!:
Their bright, sunny yellow after all the dull winter browns are a delight to see...they came out here WAY before the trees got their leaves:
I spotted our first Spring turtle too!:
And then another turtle! (Can you see him on that rock...wayyyyy out on the beaver pond?)
And it must be time to fish...here is the first water-skipper I saw of the season! He is floating on water in this shot...the sunlight is lighting up where each of his legs are balancing on the water:
More pictures are coming your way of our continued wilderness adventures...
hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoy taking them.
That would be IMPOSSIBLE !!
- The Retired One
- I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!
- ► 2012 (91)
- Beatiful, and, Ummm...not so beautiful...all in th...
- Spring Into Summer...
- Spring's Wonderful Bounty
- More Garden Blooms...
- Blooms and one bird....
- Birds and Blooms! (Wait a minute...isn't that the ...
- More Outside U.P. Discoveries!
- Woodchuck!! (Or Groundhog?)...
- Outside in the U.P. !!
- Spring Trip to the U.P. Woods!--Part Two
- Spring Trip to the U.P. Woods!--Part One
- We have a winner for the May's FREE PHOTO CONTEST!...
- Spring Birds in the U.P.!!
- The Second Set of our Trip to Florida Pictures, (o...
- Here They Are!! May's entries for the FREE PHOTO C...
- ▼ June (15)
- ► 2010 (230)
- ► 2009 (298)