Sunday, May 8, 2011
More This and That from Florida!
This is the last set of our Feb./March 2011 trip to Florida.
We went back down in April for my daughter Kim's wedding....
but we didn't get to do any sightseeing then!
So, sit back and enjoy!
I am still smitten with HIM:
What are you waiting for? Here is YOUR chair!:
One more shot of the lovely coot ducks we saw:
Looking south down Madeira Beach at dusk:
Colorful flowers were such a treat to see in February:
That wonderful egret with the green around his eyes that visited us on the causeway!:
This sign kinda freaked me out!
(But thankfully, we didn't see any):
Some of my FAVORITE tropical birds: Pelicans!!:
Every night we would go down to the ocean to catch sunsets!:
All of them were breathtaking:
It may be a few years before we return to that area of Florida again...
my daughter and husband and grandbaby are moving back to Michigan!! SQUEE!!
(Can you tell I am one happy grandma?)
I will miss going there, but hey, we can always go on a trip together back down next time!!
Next up on my blog? My Savannah, Georgia photos!! Stay tuned!!!
- The Retired One
- I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!
- ► 2012 (91)
- Beach Wedding!...otherwise known as "Sometimes you...
- Birds, & Brush!
- Bonaventure Cemetery in Savannah Georgia: Part FIVE
- Bonaventure Cemetery in Savannah Georgia: Part FOUR
- Part Three: Bonaventure Cemetery in Savannah, Georgia
- Part TWO: Bonaventure Cemetery in Savannah, Georgia
- We have a WINNER for April's FREE PHOTO CONTEST. T...
- Part ONE: Bonaventure Cemetery in Savannah, Georgia
- Oak Trees with Spanish Moss!
- Wormsloe Park in Savannah Georgia: Part THREE
- Wormsloe Park in Savannah Georgia: Part TWO
- Wormsloe Park in Savannah, Georgia Photos!!
- More This and That from Florida!
- This and That from Florida
- A visit to Lantana, Florida and the Atlantic Ocean!
- Here they Are! April 2011's FREE PHOTO CONTEST: Th...
- ▼ May (16)
- ► 2010 (230)
- ► 2009 (298)